Channel 9458

It's a slate channel on 148 and 61.5 for some sort of card exchange for HD subs (I guess 8PSK) It was added on 1/28/04, but I think it was only visable to folks without 8PSk, so I'm not sure how it popped up on yours.

I made the mistake of clicking on it and lost Discovery hd, tnd hd and also Hdnet ( they showed in red on guide and I got the not sub. message) I am a AEP plus hd package sub. (also CBS hd E and W vanished from guide) I checked my 6000u everything was normal... took a power reboot to clear and 9458 is gone...

Its been a noted intermittent problem on my 921 for several months now.

When it starts doing that, you will notice MANY channels that you've never seen before if you start going through your guide in the ALL CHAN list.

You will notice more and more of your subbed AEP channels turning RED.

Several LOCALS in the 7000's magically appear, and even TEST_CHAN I think on 5500 or somewhere around there. Even the International channels start showing up.

Power button reboot or pull-card reboot will fix it. It may be fine for months and then do it again.

Mark_AR said:
Its been a noted intermittent problem on my 921 for several months now.

When it starts doing that, you will notice MANY channels that you've never seen before if you start going through your guide in the ALL CHAN list.

You will notice more and more of your subbed AEP channels turning RED.

Several LOCALS in the 7000's magically appear, and even TEST_CHAN I think on 5500 or somewhere around there. Even the International channels start showing up.

Power button reboot or pull-card reboot will fix it. It may be fine for months and then do it again.
Saw some of those too...damn I feel like a real 921 owner now...:)(no card I dont think unless it is hidden very well) this is one of the no firewire visable at all models...Btw I am running 61.5, 110, 119 and 148 thru dpp44.

the card is in front lower center slide open door. (and if you can figure those directions)

dfergie said:
Got it and a usb and jack of unknown origin... thanks... thought this was one of the new "cardless"receivers....and yes the slide door is not that obvious...

The JACK of 'unknown origin' is supposed to be a microphone input jack. Maybe thats why E* launched Karaoke. :rolleyes:

Wheeee!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts