PBS
A&E

They all work if you subscribe. Really not than many, though. Ones I've used:

HBO Go
FoxNow
FXNow
PBS
A&E

FXNow does not work with a Dish sign in, I just looked on their site, DirecTV yes, Dish no.

Correct, I assumed FoxNow would be tied with FXnow. WRONG on my part. But I guess we should never assume smooth sailing when it comes to FOX.

EDIT: Bruce deleted his post this was in response to.

All the Disney channel apps

ABC

WatchESPN

Adult Swim

Cartoon Network

Syfy

USA Network

Travel channel

The latter four allow you to also watch that channel live.

Correct, I assumed FoxNow would be tied with FXnow. WRONG on my part. But I guess we should never assume smooth sailing when it comes to FOX.

EDIT: Bruce deleted his post this was in response to.

No I did not.

All the Disney channel apps

ABC

WatchESPN

Adult Swim

Cartoon Network

Syfy

USA Network

Travel channel

The latter four allow you to also watch that channel live.

And most of those apps are not on the Roku/Fire TV which is what the original poster wanted to know.

The only ones on is ESPN/ Disney and SyFy ( but only shows clips ).

Roku has a TV Everywhere category. Of the channels there, these are the ones that work with Dish, as of 1/15/16:

HBO
Food network
Disney junior
Disney XD
ESPN
Disney Channel
CNN
BTN
USA
Starz
Encore
ABC
Epix
Fox
A&E
Showtime
Tennis Channel
Freeform/ABC Family
Fusion
HGTV
History
Lifetime
NBC
NBCSports Live Extra

Some even have live tv.

Reactions: rajmarie
Roku has a TV Everywhere category. Of the channels there, these are the ones that work with Dish, as of 1/15/16:

HBO
Food network
Disney junior
Disney XD
ESPN
Disney Channel
CNN
BTN
USA
Starz
Encore
ABC
Epix
Fox
A&E
Showtime
Tennis Channel
Freeform/ABC Family
Fusion
HGTV
History
Lifetime
NBC
NBCSports Live Extra

Some even have live tv.

So you mean that the Roku player will allow you to watch DISH anywhere or the channels you mention will work as long as you have them in your DISH programming pack?

The CBS App is like Hulu Light. For $3.99/mo you get access to not only the current CBS programming, but a number of older CBS/Paramount programming like all of the Star Trek series, I Love Lucy, etc. But the value is minimal because Netflix also has all of the Star Trek series, plus a whole lot more interesting programs and original series.

Great listing. I find it quite surprising that quite a lot of other channels have still not got their apps on Roku. Eg, TNT and TBS has apps for mobile but not on Roku (and it works with Dish login). Or Bravo which offers app but on apple tv only or Syfy whose Roku app is a joke and must have been written keeping in mind that we are in 2006 and not 2016.

All these companies complain about Streaming services but then fails magnificently to give to their remaining subscribers what they want but are thinking on how to charge again their subscribers for the same things.

The "legacy" companies can just make noise and complain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts