Channel change confirmation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turnpike17

Original poster
Mar 9, 2011
Oklahoma
First time post here, on our old Dish boxes, whenever you weren't live on a show, say rewound (sp?) a bit, and you went to change the channel, it would ask you if you were sure.... Annoying as it was, I have found myself missing many a show on DirecTV because I paused for ten or fifteen minutes and accidentally changed the channel, thus losing my spot in the show. Does directv have a similar feature?

You can press the down arrow twice when watching to start the recording buffer for both tuners/channels and then change to the one you don't mind having the channel changed on. Then if the channel is accidentally changed you can press the down arrow to switch back to the one you don't want to miss. It's 2 or three button presses if you aren't recording anything already. You get 90 minutes of a buffer. I tried it and it doesn't seem to keep my spot in the show very well (consistently), but it's better than losing the show all-together.

Do you have a HR-24 model receiver?

There's not one I know of, but I'm quite new. We'll see if anyone else chimes in. I doubt it though. Maybe there is a secret search code that you can put in to activate it ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)