Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jan 15, 2009
dothan al
will d add any new hd channels in 2011?

Last edited:
They have, if you have 3D, and VOD.
Direct is losing in the HD world for regular channels.

Seriously losing in the core HD channels. One can see how far their numbers have sunk in this area on
Official AVS National HD Channel Lineups - Cable/DBS/Fiber/IPTV - Updated 12/20/10! - AVS Forum
I have friends on Dish or cable who now practically taunt me for not having BBCAmerica HD, Lifetime Movies HD, AMC HD, TCM HD, Hist Intl HD, and more while they more or less do.
Recent call indicates they have no specific plans to add any more for a while.

I wondered the same thing until I click on the link. After that, I could only say WTF...DTV you've dropped the ball.

it time for d to add more hd channels.it past time for new hd channels.

I sent this to a buddy that has Fios, he pointed out that AT&T has more that DTV, Fios and DISH...what the crap???

I sent this to a buddy that has Fios, he pointed out that AT&T has more that DTV, Fios and DISH...what the crap???
That's all well and good, except you're comparing apples and oranges. Not everyone can get FiOS, whereas everyone can get DBS (with LOS). Also, I don't believe all FiOS has the same lineup.

jdspencer said:
That's all well and good, except you're comparing apples and oranges. Not everyone can get FiOS, whereas everyone can get DBS (with LOS). Also, I don't believe all FiOS has the same lineup.

Doesn't change anything. His point being D* sucks when it comes to keeping up!!!

here is a GREAT thought; switch or shut up! plain and simple. bottom line; if you really hate it that much; just SWITCH

Right, everyone shut up about it, because charper1 said so..How about you don't read it? Pretty sure nobody here has to shut up, just because you said so though.

here is a GREAT thought; switch or shut up! plain and simple. bottom line; if you really hate it that much; just SWITCH

That's BS! I have Directv because of Sunday ticket. Does that mean I'm not supposed to want my favorite non-sports channel in HD. I like Directv, it's the best service for me, but that doesn't mean it can't get better. I want TCM, every other carrier has it. I would rather fight than switch. I will not shut up!

I think it would be very interesting to know what percentage of DTV subscribers have a 3D television. I think it would be a very small number. So I think that those asking for more HD have a point. What channels will always spur an argument, as we all have different interests. I, personally, am sorta screwed as I am a sports fan and no other provider can match DTV in that field. I have often been disappointed with the service and customer relations people and am still burning that they promised me free HD for life and then started charging me for it again,but you have to put up with the bullcrap in order to be able to see what you want.

I think it would be very interesting to know what percentage of DTV subscribers have a 3D television. I think it would be a very small number. So I think that those asking for more HD have a point. What channels will always spur an argument, as we all have different interests. I, personally, am sorta screwed as I am a sports fan and no other provider can match DTV in that field. I have often been disappointed with the service and customer relations people and am still burning that they promised me free HD for life and then started charging me for it again,but you have to put up with the bullcrap in order to be able to see what you want.

here's one guy who has 60 ich 3d and love it on direct. just made the switch from dish. you could say dish has more hd. but it has some hd that directv doesn't. just as directv has some that aren't on dish. picture quality, vod service,and whole home dvr is much better for me than on dish. so, even though i want more hd, doesn't mean i'll get it. so i look at both companies. both seem great. but dish has a extremely poor vod service. i like the fact i can get hd shows and movies from that service and have done so often.

Doesn't change anything. His point being D* sucks when it comes to keeping up!!!

Thank You...you get it. DTV put the image out there as if they are the leader..even has a section on this site for CE (Cutting Edge)...how can DTV be CE when they are trailing behind AT&T in HD.

Soon they will be trailing behind cable. I was talking to Time Warner Cable (TW) Tech Support and was informed that TW is in middle of replacing all of their coax with fiber except at the house. This is the setup that AT&T Uverse has. They are fiber everywhere except at the house. They run coax from the box to the house.

As far as the guy that says switch...they don't offer Uverse in my neighborhood...yet. But there are some workers digging a trench and laying cable...I will go with who every provides the most 3D and HD channels.

If DTV claims to be the best, have their actions match their words.

charper1 said:

Why shut up? This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Forum: "An Internet message board where users can post messages regarding one or more topics of discussion."

I'm not going to switch so don't go there.I do want d to add more hd channels.The 3d channels i could care less about.Sunday ticket is great.That my opinion and the way i feel.D is getting behind:D in hd tv.

DirecTV is terribly behind on high definition.

It should be carrying at least half of the following (already offered in standard definition): AMC HD; IFC HD; We TV HD; Fuse HD; Turner Classic Movies HD; truTV HD; Headline News HD; Outdoor Channel HD; Sportsman Channel HD; QVC HD; HSN HD; Jewelry Television HD; TBN HD; TCC HD; EWTN HD; gmc HD; DIY Network HD; Cooking Channel HD; History International HD; Lifetime Movie Network HD; Centric HD; Logo HD; BBC America HD; Galavision HD; OXYGEN HD; TV One HD; SPROUT HD; E! HD; Style Network HD; CSPAN HD; CSPAN 2 HD; NASA HD; RFD HD; National Geographic Wild HD; Investigation Discovery HD; The Hub HD; Oprah Winfrey Network HD; Ovation HD; Reelz Channel HD.

DirecTV is half-owner of GSN. It should be made available in high definition. Yes, GSN HD!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts