Would I get more channels if I added another dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tstewart

Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
Atlanta
Hello everyone. I have the DTV Premium Plus package. At the moment I only have one dish aimed at 101. I do not have hi-def package or TV. With my package would I possibly get anymore channels if I added another dish aimed at another DTV sat? Thanks.

The only stuff of any interest would be on 119 that would come with your pkg, which would be
Jewish Life TV, Hope TV, V-Me, Once, Enlace, HITN (these last 4 are all Spanish) & some extra SonicTap music channels. You could actually do this with another 18" dish & a 4x4 switch, or you could also just switch your dish to a P3 oval dish.

You would get a few channels by swapping the 18" for a p3. You would also get your locals if they are on the 110 or 119. Also by using a p3, you don't have to worry about the extra wires and switch, just connect the reciever(s) to the lnb.

So I guess it is not worth the effort. I have a Directivo R10 and an R15, standard def.

Agree w/Ice - BUT, if you DO ever decide to upgrade to HD, you could make sure you got a slimline 5LNB, to get those extra channels on 119. However, you'll have to do a little work (& $$) to make it happen - check out what this guy is doing to get EVERY extra channel on other sats:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/218247-new-install-how-assure-getting-international.html

Agree w/Ice - BUT, if you DO ever decide to upgrade to HD, you could make sure you got a slimline 5LNB, to get those extra channels on 119. However, you'll have to do a little work (& $$) to make it happen - check out what this guy is doing to get EVERY extra channel on other sats:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/218247-new-install-how-assure-getting-international.html

I only speak english so those intl channels wouldnt be of much benefit to me, unless I get REALLY bored.

Sonic Tap stations on 119...BOLD ones I do not get in Choice + (but they show in the guide)

807-Rat Pack (50's music)
815-Holidays (assume its just during xmas time)
824-groove lounge
852-jazz
853-Metro Blend
855-Great Standards
861-Pump (they have some decent music...Van Halen was on when I turned it on)
865-Piano
870-Fiesta
873-Mexican
876-Mariachi
877-Carnival Brasil
880-Family Favorites (60's-today soft rock music...they had the Wallflowers on when I turned it on)
881-Italian
882-Italian Contemporary

883-Irish
884-Tranquality

out of those Pump would be the only one really I'd listen to

Sonic Tap stations on 119...BOLD ones I do not get in Choice + (but they show in the guide)

807-Rat Pack (50's music)
815-Holidays (assume its just during xmas time)
824-groove lounge
852-jazz
853-Metro Blend
855-Great Standards
861-Pump (they have some decent music...Van Halen was on when I turned it on)
865-Piano
870-Fiesta
873-Mexican
876-Mariachi
877-Carnival Brasil
880-Family Favorites (60's-today soft rock music...they had the Wallflowers on when I turned it on)
881-Italian
882-Italian Contemporary

883-Irish
884-Tranquality

The Irish one sounds interesting, and Pump (I love Van Halen), but prob not worthy of planting another sat. Thanks for the help.

LOL. I missed this post before. As I am "this guy", I'd just thought I'd report that everything worked out the way it was expected. And thanks to the international dish upgrade, I was able to take advantage of the free Cricket Ticket 2nd half!

I did end up paying for En Espanol for 30 days just to assure I got the 5LNB, MYX @ $4.99 for the International, and got the extra free STD recevier to get me to 9 tuners and get the SWM-16.

Good luck to anyone else wanting to max their channels and expandability.

out of those Pump would be the only one really I'd listen to
Is this list still up-to-date? Is there a similar chart for ALL Sonic Tap stations & channels grouped by each DTV & FTA Sat? What format & codec they are transmitted in? :)

Last edited:
yes that list is up to date for 119
All the rest are on 101

As for free to air, they're all on 91W C-Band....see thelist

Thanks Ice! From what I found on the web, all SonicTap stations are transmitted in Stereo, there are no AC3 stations on DTV, only feeds on C-band. Is that correct?

They are in AC-3 on C-Band. What Directv has is probably regular stereo (I dont have mine hooked to home theatre so dont know what it truly is)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)