Channel changes without warning

odenwell

Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Denver, CO
Is there an easy way to tell if the channel is going to change when the DVR is going to start a recording? I'm new to Dish. In Directv I would get a warning displayed that would say that a recording was about to begin that would force a channel change. The message would give me a choice of canceling one of the two scheduled recordings and stay on my current channel, or allow it to change the channel to begin the recording. What I notice on my 722 is that it shows a little timer in the lower left corner and when it gets to zero it will sometimes change channels without warning. Of course, this happens when it is trying to record two programs simultaneously. Is there an easy way to tell when this is going to happen aside from going through the menus to figure out if there will be two programs recording at the same time causing a channel switch?

Press the DVR button twice and it will take you to the daily recording schedule. Page Up and Down to scroll through it.

Channel change

Yes. At about 2 minutes before the recording starts, a message pops up with a countdown timer showing that the channel will change and recording will start. This, of course, only occurs when the recording is on the tuner you are currently watching. If you are on the other tuner, you will see nothing. But, as KAB said, pulling up the schedule is the only way to find out in advance what is scheduled for recording.

the timer is the warning, si?

if the next show to be recorded is on the tuner you are currently using, and the receiver needs to changes channels to record it. it will.

the timer is the warning, si?

if the next show to be recorded is on the tuner you are currently using, and the receiver needs to changes channels to record it. it will.

Si, I think we have established that.:rolleyes:

Actually, at least for me, if I am watching a show that is delayed and the warning timer pops up, if I don't go live on the channel I'm watching, it will not go to the correct channel to start recording and the scheduled recording cancels. This has happened to me a couple times when I have two timers ready to start simultaneously.

If you press the "info" button when you see the little clock flashing, you will get the option to cancel the recording before the channel changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)