Channel Changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

egnlsn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Taylorsville, UT
I just got a notification about many of the premiums changing channels over the next few weeks. Could it be in preparation to add HD premiums?

See this thread here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/205614-directv-channels-moving.html

It was closed because it went far off topic. Here is essentially the changes, and yes, it is being done to accomodate more premiums.

new_channel_list.jpg

Two posts at dbstalk by Satelliteracer are significant. First he says there will be more base package hd channels, and that all of the open spots in the new lineup will not be filled with premiums. Also, there will be more to come than just the first wave of new channels.

Well, they don't need a channel number to add an existing feed of one of the HBO channels in HD. HBO SD is 501 and HBO HD is 501. So does this mean they are going to follow through on the 2007 of add a handful of the 26 HBO/MXX channels? Maybe they will add HBO Comedy and HBO Zone in SD and HD. Maybe hey will add more Max channels. All 26 exist in HD, so I'd sure love to see DirecTV carry them.

DirecTV got ahead and became an HD Leader for like a day. then the party was over.

By the time I get more premiums in HD with DirecTV, FIOS will be available here. Too little, too late.

DirecTV got ahead and became an HD Leader for like a day. then the party was over.

A day? :rolleyes: Even if you discount the fuzzy math used by both sides, Directv had many more hd channels than Dish did for quite a while. I really don't know how long, but I would guess about a year. Besides, I have always said for me it's about programming first, quality second. Directv has the YES network, Dish doesn't. In this area of the country, that must lose Dish MANY thousands of customers.

Two posts at dbstalk by Satelliteracer are significant. First he says there will be more base package hd channels, and that all of the open spots in the new lineup will not be filled with premiums. Also, there will be more to come than just the first wave of new channels.

Any word as to IF they will be adding any more Cinemax channels ?
Kinda pricey for only3 channels.

Any word as to IF they will be adding any more Cinemax channels ?
Kinda pricey for only3 channels.

There isn't any specific information about what will be added, but according to the charts they posted, there will be several slots open for Cinemax channels. The following list is completely conjecture:

501. HBO HD
502. HBO2 HD
503. HBO Signature HD
504. HBOW HD
505. HBO2W HD
506. HBO SignatureW HD *
507. HBO Family HD
508. HBO FamilyW HD
509. HBO Zone HD *
510. HBO ZoneW HD *
511. HBO Latino HD
512. HBO LatinoW HD *
513. HBO Comedy HD *
514. HBO ComedyW HD *
515. Cinemax HD
516. CinemaxW HD
517. MoreMaxW HD *
518. MoreMax HD
519. ActionMax HD *
520. 5StarMax HD *
521. @Max HD *
522. ThrillerMax HD *
523. OuterMax HD *
524. WMax HD *
525. Starz Kids and Family HD
526. Starz Comedy HD
527. Starz HD
528. StarzW HD
529. Starz Edge HD
530. Starz in Black HD
531. Starz Cinema HD *
532. MoviePlex *
533. RetroPlex HD *
534. IndiePlex HD *
535. Encore HD
536. EncoreW HD
537. Encore Love
538. Encore Westerns
539. Encore Mystery
540. Encore Drama
541. Encore Action
542. Encore Wam
543. SHO2 W HD *
544. Showtime Next *
545. Showtime HD
546. Showtime2 HD
547. Showtime Showcase HD
548. ShowtimeW HD
549. Showtime Extreme HD
550. Showtime Beyond *
551. Showtime Women *
552. Showtime Family *
553. The Movie Channel HD
554. The Movie Channel W HD
555. The Movie Channel Extra HD *
556. Flix
557. Sundance HD
558. IFC HD
559. Fox Movie Channel HD
560. MGM HD
561. HD Net Movies
562. Epix HD *
563. TCM HD
564. Hallmark Movie Channel HD *

*possible new hd channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts