Channel Confirmation

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kickboxer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Hello Can someone be kind enough with Galaxy 18 123 to tell me if AVT Khyber channel is there? if yes I have a dish installer coming to install 119/118.7 and i have a spare Universal lnb.If I tip him do you think he will get me Galaxy 18 with it? Thank you..

Hello Can someone be kind enough with Galaxy 18 123 to tell me if AVT Khyber channel is there? if yes I have a dish installer coming to install 119/118.7 and i have a spare Universal lnb.If I tip him do you think he will get me Galaxy 18 with it? Thank you..

I can't answer about the service since my dish is parked on NASA HD right now, but I doubt the DISH Network installer should be able to get Galaxy 18 for you. The dish should be too small and Galaxy 18 is linear polarized, not circular, so you need a different LNB for Galaxy 18. The DISH installer may not even know how to do FTA installations unless their company installs both FTA and DISH systems and isn't just specialized in doing DISH installs.

I haven't come across that channel on G-18 and I doubt the Dish installer would be able to help with that, especially if you want to do it all with the same dish. That's pretty specialized.

Wikipedia shows it on the INTELSAT-10 at 68.5°E satellite on C band. C band requires a large dish (6 foot or more) and that satellite is NOT viewable from the USA.
Bob

well I have a linear lnb aswell. I was wondering they have the latest meter which pretty much can find any satellite lol. and 123 i have heard is near 121 so i was wondering if a superdish can get it along with 119. Oh well i will try to see if he can lol..
Thanks for the kind replies guys..

It is on. I'm watching it right now. Some sort of khyber mix music thing. Never watch it other than flipping though it. I think Larobpra is right though, seems like a lot of those Urdu channels are scambled lately except Peace tv which is sometimes English. Funny thing is those channels are about the strongest I pick up, there in the 90's where a lot of others are only low 70's to high 60's. Never loose signal though. I doubt any installer is going to attempt that with a super dish though. If you really want it why not just put in an FTA system too. May not be worth it though if it's scambled a lot. I'll try to keep checking on it and let you know. Where are you located BTW? May be someone on here that could give you more help with some fta experience.

Thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate your help.
I am located in Framingham Massachusetts about 20 miles west of Boston. I have the Dishnetwork guy coming on Saturday and he doesn't do it then for back up i have a professional FTA installer coming on Sunday. I think the company that has the channels is Zoom dish and if they are scrambled all the time, I can purchase the receiver they provide and they charge $ 9.99 per month. I have tried my best to get the galaxy 18 at 123w but i have failed numerous times lol

I think the company that has the channels is Zoom dish and if they are scrambled all the time, I can purchase the receiver they provide and they charge $ 9.99 per month. I have tried my best to get the galaxy 18 at 123w but i have failed numerous times lol

What do you mean? you have the FTA dish, LNB and receiver but have been unable to get it pointed to the satellite with good signal strength?

If you can install the FTA dish pointed in the general direction of Galaxy 18 with the elevation set about right and the azimuth close and have a connection to the LNB really handy to hook up to, a dish installer _might_ find it not much of a hassle to take a moment to use his signal meter to quickly peak up on Galaxy 18 if he/she's using one of those signal meters that has the North American arc programmed into it (and isn't just a DISH/DIRECTV limited signal meter).

ok guys great news. The dish network guy was useless!. He told me no way that I will get 123 but 119/110/118.7 either. He told me to forget about it since there were trees in the way. He didn't even attempt. I had another guy come in today who was very knowledgeable. He not only got me 123 but also 119/110/118.7. 123 is in 50's considering i'm in Boston but 118.7 is in high 70's and sometimes 80's. The only thing now is that peace tv is coming fine but all other channels are scrambled including AVT khyber. Do you guys know how long they scramble them for?
Thanks for all the help guys.

Most services that are scrambled tend to remain scrambled, as the uplinker generally wants to control who can view them. The Equity channels (with the possible exception of one or two of them) should be in the clear (unscrambled)... You should be seeing at least 30+ Equity stations on 123w in the clear.

No idea on how long it's scrambled. You just need to keep checking back and forth. Sometimes it's scrambled, sometimes it's not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)