Channel Guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

awh

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
I have a Coolsat FTA receiver and I've only seen a few channels that make use of the guide feature and was wondering if all FTA receivers support a guide or is that a unique feature?

Tony
Home Page - http://www.cyberspace.org/~awh/
--

Not in North America only a few subscriptions channels like BJ HomeSat on
Galaxy 25 at 97.0°W have the guide. sometimes BJ HomeSat is ITC then you can see the guide in action. i think Europe has the guide.

Channel Guides (EPG) are few and far between on FTA, with the occasional free channel on Ia5 using it. It's possible that the Utah mux on AMC5 might, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I believe most STB's support an EPG but it is not much used in the US.
Bob

I would just use titantv for your guide, thats what everybody does.

It'd be nice if some of the fta receiver makers would integrate titantv in to the receiver somehow... and make it so you could see titan tv's listings on the tv, but I doubt that will ever happen. My ATI all in wonder has something like that tied to an internet guide that downloads programming for a full week. It'd be nice if fta receivers could do that too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)