TuxCoder

Collector of Space Beams
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 8, 2004
Dayton, OH
The channel at:
G-10R 11719 V 27687 VPID 41 APID 42
scanned in as "KKTU" which seems everywhere to be ABC (formerly NBC) broadcasting on channel 33. However I see two other contradicting identities during commercial breaks, "KKTU ABC 8" and occasionally a "K2TV" blurb will interrupt a "ABC 8" one... So, anyone know what this channel really is (which call letters are correct, is it Casper or Cheyenne, which broadcast channel)?

I do see KTWO at:
G-10R 12102 V 2220 VPID 4130 APID 4131
and that one always identifies itself as KTWO ABC 2.

I have wondered about this myself. I have come to the conclusion that they are a simulcast of ABC. I notice that their ABC programing runs the same, except for about a 2 second delay but they have different news and local programing. As for which one is in Casper or Cheyenne, I don't know. One ID bar says KTTU shows freq 11719, SR 28125, pids 41 & 42 and the other on says Twister, freq 12108, sr 2222. pids 4130 & 4131. I was watching the one with the KTTU ID and the K2 news was on. When you figure it out, let me know.

~J~

Tux,

I show KTTU on G10, Freq 11719, SR 26787, PIDs 41 & 42 and KTWO (Twisters) on G10 Freq 12108, SR 2222, PIDs 4130 & 4131. These numbers were taken from the information screen and they match the numbers on the LyngSat chart.

~J~

Thanks Jim, on mine KTWO scans in as TWISTERS also, in fact it's found at 12102 and 12108. I guess the frequencies are far enough apart for the Pansat to think they're two stations... cause it normally is smart enough to know when it already knows about a station when you do another scan (even if you rename the channel).

I'm still wondering about the broadcast channel of KKTU. Anyone know if "ABC 8" is accurate for KKTU, or is it still broadcasting on 33? (It periodically shows Dennis Franz saying something about "Wyoming's new ABC 8")

KKTU has been ABC for a couple of years and is in Cheyenne (Ch 33 OTA, Ch 8 cable) Since it probably is a bitch to get 33 OTA, they ID as "8" for cable.
KWTO went from independent to ABC about 5 months ago and is in Casper (Ch 2)

Most of the programming (news and stuff) is simulcasted. The news covers the whole market area. I am going out on a limb and saying that they combined and are running both out of one building. There is sometimes different stuff (paid programs) on the 2 channels, but it mostly is the same.

K2TV is how they ID KWTO 2.

KKTU is Channel 33, ABC. It was NBC up until a year or so ago, and it does simulcast KTWO in Casper. KTWO is Channel 2.

Cable operators in Wyoming get a feed of K2TV based on *where* they are in Wyoming. For example, in Laramie, I believe they get the KTWO feed, because they're in the Denver market and certain shows are unavailable due to Denver locals being the market area.

So, there's two feeds of K2TV, one for Casper, one for Cheyenne. Cheyenne's feed is just the K2 feed with local ads for Cheyenne and some variants of programming, but not much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)