Channel Info for the Olympics

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im really enjoying the medal count feature, and the Olympic final replays on DOD will be great for me since I have to travel next week.

The NBC family of channels carrying the Olympics is nice. But it would be better if they carried events 24/7. Most of the time they are carrying their usual programming. In the future I'd like to see individual channels carry specific events. I know the time difference is a problem, but that's what "tape" delay is for. The special DirecTV soccer and basketball channels are a good example of what could be done.

The NBC family of channels carrying the Olympics is nice. But it would be better if they carried events 24/7. Most of the time they are carrying their usual programming. In the future I'd like to see individual channels carry specific events. I know the time difference is a problem, but that's what "tape" delay is for. The special DirecTV soccer and basketball channels are a good example of what could be done.

agreed .. universal has pretty much shown Boxing 24*7 .. so why not add judo/fencing and make that one channel .. ? There are still lots of sports that have not had a look in .... the indoor cycling has not been covered at all - not even live streaming .... the soccer/basketball could easily have been put into use during the daytime to show softball/baseball ..

coverage is much better this time around .. but it could still be so much more .... the live internet streaming has been great ... but surely it would not have been too difficult to have real-time commentary .. the guys commentating would have been there watching the action anyway - so why not push the commentary via the internet feed too ...

I think I'd award them a Bronze for coverage so far this time around ... hopefully London 2012 can be gold ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)