Channel Keeps Disappearing from Favorites List

ccmdguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
Maryland
I'm on S234. On my Hopper, one of the channels that I have in one of my favorites lists keeps disappearing from the Guide. When I edit the list and try to add it, it doesn't save it. If I un-select the channel next to it, then add both channels, it is saved - for some period of time, after which it is gone from the Guide again. I have that channel in another favorites list and it is fine. Kinda like my EHD. I have rebooted the hopper. I've had it for about a month but I just noticed this problem this past weekend.

I'm on S234. On my Hopper, one of the channels that I have in one of my favorites lists keeps disappearing from the Guide. When I edit the list and try to add it, it doesn't save it. If I un-select the channel next to it, then add both channels, it is saved - for some period of time, after which it is gone from the Guide again. I have that channel in another favorites list and it is fine. Kinda like my EHD. I have rebooted the hopper. I've had it for about a month but I just noticed this problem this past weekend.

This is a bug and the Hopper team is aware of it and working on a fix. Mine does the same thing occasionally but I don't use my Fav Lists much.

I can't believe they haven't fixed that one yet. The odd thing is that it seems to have come and gone with different SW versions. In fact, many bugs come and go. This leads me to believe the development team does not have a good version control process in place. There are probably different sw engineers working on different parts of the SW, that end up using different versions. This could be the reason we see bugs returning that were fixed in the previous release.

I've got this going on with my Hopper / favorites list too. In fact, I am currently in an online chat with Dish support. I asked him if there was a limit on the number of channels a list could contain. He originally said yes, and he is "getting the details for that issue" for me as I write this. It occurred to me that a custom list might be limited to a certain number of channels, say 25. Still waiting on the answer. The support chat tech said he is located in the Philippines, so the delay is killing the chat process.

...if there was a limit on the number of channels a list could contain...

Interesting. I first noticed the issue on my Hopper when I added a couple of the new HD channels to my normal (longest) favorites list. I'll try taking them back off tonight to see if that was it.

Still in a chat with Dish support. Beginning to think they don't know the answer as he keeps asking me to wait as he checks. If others of you are having the same problem, then it must be a bug.

Edit: Support chat ended with support tech transferring me to an "advanced" support tech who quickly related that this is a known issue and they are working to correct the problem. So, I can confirm what the earlier post said about it being a bug that the Hopper Team is working to correct. That is all..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts