Where did my shows go?

atomichicken

Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
I had a 2tb Western Digital EHD connected to my 622. Once the available drive capacity went below 450 gig, any show that it transferred to the drive did not show up on the list of recordings on the hard drive but the remaining memory lowered the same amount at the total for the transferred shows. It's like the shows are there but either they are corrupt or misplaced. I thought the receiver was the problem, so the receiver was replaced. After recreating all of the timers and losing more shows i was till having issues with the receiver. So last week, I was upgraded to a 722 by the tech that came out. Yesterday to tried to transfer some shows and guess what? Nothing again. I didn't think it was the drive because I can watch what is already recorded, I just can't add more. Is there any way to recover the lost recordings? I have another drive that I can use for backups but I don't want to lose anymore. :(

Do you have more than 999 recordings on the drive? If so, that is the cause of your issue. You can recover the "lost" shows by transferring shows back onto the internal drive, until the counter goes below 999. If you're recording any SD, you may want to transfer some of the SD shows to the internal drive, so that you can put more HD shows on there, to use up the remaining drive space on the EHD without hitting the 999-recording limit.

They are most likely still there. Transfer enough off that EHD and the hidden ones very likely will appear.

Sorry it took so long to respond, but that was the problem. I don't know if i hit the 999 limit but i started to delete shows and the 'lost' shows showed up. Thanks to both of you!!!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)