Channel Listing Option Question

doogie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I really like the new feature under preferences that allows the user to just view the subbed channels when looking at the channel listings... BUT... it only works once! I select it... then view the channel listings... and only get my subbed channels... then, a few mins later I view the listings again - and now I have all kinds of red channels that I don't subcribe to... I hit preferences - and its back to view all instead of subbed... what's up with that?

Ok that may be in your favorites setup you can have several channel lists and one of the Lists is Subscribed while another one is all. The channel list will change every time you push the Guide button while you are viewing the guide you may be pushing the guide button more than once by accident which is switching you to the all channel list.

OK... so - I go into preferences and select SUBBED... then, from that point forward - if I only push the Channel Guide button once I will get that list? If I push it again... it goes back to all channels?

It will cycle to a different favorite list every time you push the guide button after the guide is open if you keep pushing the guide button it will return to your subbed list after going though the other favorites. And yes if you go into preferences and select Subbed and are carefull not to push the guide button multiple time you should remain on the Subbed list.

If you like the Subscribed List, you should try creating your own custom favorites lists. Its a little time consuming, but well worth the effort.

I created a list of only channels we actually watch...hiding all the music, PPV, home shopping, The Bingo Channel, etc.

I created a separate list of just the music channels.

That would be the next logical step creating customized favorites lists that is after he has mastered the operation of the guide and favorites lists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)