Issues and requests

rhollinger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Here are some things to add to the list of issues and requests. These are all 2.32 NBR related:

The default tuners issue needs to be addressed. It's amazing to me that NBR is now swapping between tuner 2 and 1 on consecutive programs (due to the overlap I'm assuming) although it appears that when recording it automatically adjusts and switches tuner 1 back to tuner 2 so maybe some progress was made in this area. However, I had a show that normally runs at 8:30 on tuner 2 that got moved into the 9:00 timeslot and another show that was scheduled at 9:00 on tuner 2 that was then skipped due to priority but NOTHING is recording on tuner 1. There ought to be an option that you can enable that says to always use the other tuner when not in use and/or at least give you the ability to change the tuner in the conflict resolution screen so you don't have to go to the timers screen and delete the timer and recreate it just to get it to switch tuners.

So I was skipping ahead in the guide to find other 2005 programs that were incorrectly skipped (and they don't show up in the daily schedule in spite of the show skipped setting) and got to next wednesday and hit 24-> to skip to Thursday, it proceeded to download guide info (why does this take 5 mins when 3xx takes 1 minute?), it downloaded thursday and friday's info but it didn't pass the new info through the NBR filters. There ought to be a way to force this to update. Now I have to wait until tomorrow morning and see if it properly selected the shows after the nightly download.

The good news is I haven't heard a pop in a long time (knock on wood) and other than a very occasional audio drop out or pixellation haven't had any problems with the a/v quality for quite some time...kudos on apparently finally getting that issue resolved (for good?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)