Channel Lockup

O

occammd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 19, 2004
Wierd,
Yesterday I was tuned to OTA digital channel 3 in our area. Then I would use the program guide or just the UP/DOWN channel button to change stations. The info at the bottom would change, but the station was still channel 3. It never moved. When I pressed info it showed the info fo the new station, but the picture was still the OTA station.

DrWho

DrWho

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 11, 2004
When I use the Channel button and start channel surfing I have gotten total box freeze ups where I have to unplub the STB from the wall and let it re-boot.

T

tscallions

SatelliteGuys Family
May 5, 2004
Bartlett, TN
I think the channel change lockup is a known issue with the latest firmware. It happens when you change the channel too fast.

DarrellP

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
It happens to me when just surfing, not surfing too quickly. Twice this weekend while browsing the channels it locked up & I had to do a reset. I was sitting on the channel for at least 10 seconds before moving on.

TheForce

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I have noticed the audio will often not be there when surfing. Surfing off channel and then back the audio returns. Probably just crappy hardware design.

Ilya

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Don Landis said:
I have noticed the audio will often not be there when surfing. Surfing off channel and then back the audio returns. Probably just crappy hardware design.
No, this is not a hardware issue, just a known bug in the current software version. This wasn't the case in 5.08.