No lockups with new software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Conjuror

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 4, 2004
I thought I should mention that. I didn't have one single problem with my STB since I got 6.2. However, my Dish 811 (also with new software) still gives me frequent "blackouts".
I'm very happy with Voom's STB so far. I would just like one feature added to it: ability to display only subscribed channels in the PG.

I have had lock ups with the new version. Usually happens while changing channels really fast

Agree the STB problems and PQ issues with Voom are minimizing just keep improving!

Seanb61 said:
I have had lock ups with the new version. Usually happens while changing channels really fast
I used to have exactly the same problem but now is gone.

I have had 3 or 4 lockups on each of my boxes since the upgrade. SOmetimes during channel changing and sometimes not.

My STB has been more stable since the update, however, I do get lockups when switching OTA channels around a channel with a weak signal or when checking the signal strength of a weak OTA channel.

Seanb61, at which rate do you need to switch channels to get a lockup? Can you reliably reproduce this? I was able to reproduce this problem in 5.68 by doing 2-3 clicks a second, but not any longer. Maybe I need to switch channels at a different rate? I am curios.

I've had very few problems with the new software, but last night I had a strange one: I monitor the SD outputs on a small monitor for recording purposes and I had an HD signal on my pj but no SD output and the box would not respond so I had to give it a swift kick in the ass then it was OK.

I sure wish Voom would figure out a way to load the guide data faster. After 3 hours my guide only went to 9 am the next day so I could not set a timer.

They also need to change the Program Planner to Power ON default so I can turn my box off once in awhile (don't tell me to go in and change all of my Planners to Power On, it's a pain in the ass).

Hmm maybe because you don't turn your box off Darrell your PG isn't loading? I usually have 2-3 days in the PG.

I get lock ups when changing channels rapidly. 1080i component and DVI connection. Conjuror how is your stb connected and what resolution are you using?

I had 1 lockup with 6.2 on one of my two boxes. It locked up so well it is now terminal waiting on a service call. Of course the culprit was channel changing quickly. Now it appears the box is no longer sending 18v to the lnb, as it has no sat elite reception. Still receives the local okay. Go Figure!

Dvlos said:
Hmm maybe because you don't turn your box off Darrell your PG isn't loading? I usually have 2-3 days in the PG.
I had to reset it, that's why the PG only went out a few hours. :(

I have had lock ups with the new version. Usually happens while changing channels really fast. Have to power cycle the box to fix it. Just powering it off, i.e. not removing a/c power, is not enough. In fact the last time it happened the menu stayed on the screen even though the box looked like it had shut down. Sweet......... :no

My lock ups seem to happen when i switch up and down rapidly.....I do not try to replicate this as i wish to be able to watch my TV no watch it reset! lol

I also get hangs while changing channels rapidly. Strangely, last night I was direct tuning a channel, made a mistake, quickly entered the right number and the STB hung when it changed to the correct channel. I always do a soft reboot to fix. I wouldn't mind if the PG loaded faster. I still don't have local OTA info. after 20 hrs but have satellite channel info. I will have to reboot again. Blah!!

I had a Toshiba DST-3000 Dtv HD STB that always lost/refused to update the PG without unplugging the unit every few days. It took almost 2 yrs of firmware updates to finally fix and then the tuner died. That's why I switched to Voom with the lease deal.

P.S. using 1080i fixed via component.

Sean Mota said:
I get lock ups when changing channels rapidly. 1080i component and DVI connection. Conjuror how is your stb connected and what resolution are you using?

DVI, 1080. I tried to "rape" the box many times with fast channel switching or browsing but it is working like a champ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts