New Software version 7.37

subdude212 said:
A number of us in the Boston area have noticed that since the 7.37 "upgrade" we no longer receive channel 7.1 OTA. Is this a local station issue or somehow tied in with the software upgrade? I haven't seen a rash of members from other areas noting something similar so it might be just a local channel issue but I thought I'd post here to see if others are effected.

I don't know what happened, but CH 7.1 is working now. My box still says 7.37, so maybe it was a station problem and just coincidental to the update.

Bob

Threv said:
So what are are you using for default settings

picture format narrow to wide "stretch"
wide to narrow "letterbox"
720p
using the RGB cable instead of DVI noticed the DVI was kinda washed looking

also had a new larger dish installed by a VOOM troubleshooter mentioned they were planning on the coax out on the STB's be only 4X3 and not able to produce 16X9. No matter the settings the upstairs TV is 4X3 so it may be true.

on the DVI VS RGB front anyone else notice the picture to have a richer colors in the RGB?

Have a friend with his plasma over cause we argued about it and side by side the RGB just looked better, both plasma's are the same as far as specs in not being EDtv's but HDtv's

I don't know if this was a 7.37 problem or my local FOX channel, yesterday during the Nextel Cup race everytime they did a closeup interviewing a driver or pit crew my screen would blink. Annoying as all get out, any of the racing or wide shots were fine it was only on closeups. It would also happen during the commercials.

Sat Junkie said:
I don't know if this was a 7.37 problem or my local FOX channel, yesterday during the Nextel Cup race everytime they did a closeup interviewing a driver or pit crew my screen would blink. Annoying as all get out, any of the racing or wide shots were fine it was only on closeups. It would also happen during the commercials.

Both my VOOM box and my seperate ATSC tuner did the same thing, so not a VOOM stb problem (signal strength 96+). Lots of audio dropouts too. In my area FOX and CBS are the worst DTV, NBC and ABC are much better.

Rob.

spacecookie said:
picture format narrow to wide "stretch"
wide to narrow "letterbox"
720p
using the RGB cable instead of DVI noticed the DVI was kinda washed looking

also had a new larger dish installed by a VOOM troubleshooter mentioned they were planning on the coax out on the STB's be only 4X3 and not able to produce 16X9. No matter the settings the upstairs TV is 4X3 so it may be true.

on the DVI VS RGB front anyone else notice the picture to have a richer colors in the RGB?

Have a friend with his plasma over cause we argued about it and side by side the RGB just looked better, both plasma's are the same as far as specs in not being EDtv's but HDtv's

This may have as much, or more to do with the TV's inputs as it does with the VOOM box. On one of my sets the DVI looks better than the Component out, and on the other set the Component beats the DVI by about the same margin. It could be that the sets have different profiles for the various inputs.

Bob

rvsixer said:
Both my VOOM box and my seperate ATSC tuner did the same thing, so not a VOOM stb problem (signal strength 96+). Lots of audio dropouts too. In my area FOX and CBS are the worst DTV, NBC and ABC are much better.

Rob.
I agree it must have been a Fox Problem , I missed a good movie, and I have (3) ota Receivers . It seems that the providers are not doing what the FCC had mandated, " Low Power, shut down's ect. " " but not a VOOM ISSUE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)