lock up with Software Version 6.10

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
qwacker2 said:
I've had one channel surf lockup with 6.10 (requiring reboot) so far, so the bug is still there.

I think they just masked the channel surf problem by adding a small delay before actually switching channels - not really fixed it. I've noticed the audio stays with the original channel while fast surfing, which indicates the box really isn't trying to switch until you stop on a channel for a short time. When the lockup occurred, I went one channel past, then had to backup. I suspect that the delay was long enough that it started switching just as I flipped one last time.

I've also seen the long delay in the System Settings menu. I thought it was locked up a few times, but it has always recovered after 10-15 seconds.
Im seeing a channel lock up in 6.10 that WAS NOT in 6.0 at all. I have rebooted my unit 10 times since when 6.10 came in Tuesday. Prior to that, I rebooted 3 times in the past month with 6.0.

It appears when powering on box (not from reset) you need to let it sit there on whatever channel its at for a while. When you change the station, it crashes on me. I will let it sit on the same station I left it on when I powered the unit off previously and see what happens.

Ok, since the software upgrade, everytime I turn the stb off, it won't come back on by pushing the SAT button alone. I have to hard boot each time and each time I lost all channel info for close to an hour. This sux big time.

Here is my experience.

Prior to the upgrade, I virtually had no lock ups. Now, with the upgrade, I have to reset/reboot my system at least twice a day.

It seems that the trigger to my breakups are related to viewing OTA channels. As long as I stay on the satellite stations, I am fine. Once, I view an OTA channel and go back to viewing the satellite channels, I get substantial breakups. Is anyone else, experiencing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts