lock up with Software Version 6.10

qwacker2 said:
I've had one channel surf lockup with 6.10 (requiring reboot) so far, so the bug is still there.

I think they just masked the channel surf problem by adding a small delay before actually switching channels - not really fixed it. I've noticed the audio stays with the original channel while fast surfing, which indicates the box really isn't trying to switch until you stop on a channel for a short time. When the lockup occurred, I went one channel past, then had to backup. I suspect that the delay was long enough that it started switching just as I flipped one last time.

I've also seen the long delay in the System Settings menu. I thought it was locked up a few times, but it has always recovered after 10-15 seconds.
Im seeing a channel lock up in 6.10 that WAS NOT in 6.0 at all. I have rebooted my unit 10 times since when 6.10 came in Tuesday. Prior to that, I rebooted 3 times in the past month with 6.0.

It appears when powering on box (not from reset) you need to let it sit there on whatever channel its at for a while. When you change the station, it crashes on me. I will let it sit on the same station I left it on when I powered the unit off previously and see what happens.

Ok, since the software upgrade, everytime I turn the stb off, it won't come back on by pushing the SAT button alone. I have to hard boot each time and each time I lost all channel info for close to an hour. This sux big time.

Here is my experience.

Prior to the upgrade, I virtually had no lock ups. Now, with the upgrade, I have to reset/reboot my system at least twice a day.

It seems that the trigger to my breakups are related to viewing OTA channels. As long as I stay on the satellite stations, I am fine. Once, I view an OTA channel and go back to viewing the satellite channels, I get substantial breakups. Is anyone else, experiencing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts