CONFIRMED: New version 6.10 has arrived! (Please post your observations here)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was targeted. My area code is 310 and my zip code is 90254 (Hermosa Beach California). I put the system into standby lastnight, and this morning it was back on, so I checked it out. And it now has v6.10 I haven't really checked it out, but I did notice that everything seems to work.

jason

djjsin said:
I was targeted. (Hermosa Beach California). I put the system into standby lastnight, and this morning it was back on, so I checked it out. And it now has v6.10 I haven't really checked it out, but I did notice that everything seems to work.

jason

DITO... Darnit... Got to reboot already... Been 30 minutes... Now lets see what I can do to it....

I got the update last night and after several reboots today was finally able to get rid of pixelation, sound dropout, and no PG problems. I am quite pleased with it.

System appeared to be locked up when I got home. Went to turn on the system and noticed little satellite light was red, would not turn on. Unplugged and watched tv until seeing this thread. Checked for version info via Iyla's info at the start of this thread. Saw v1.10 so I checked to see if the phone line was plugged in. No phone line so I plugged it in. System locked up again. Unplugged and all seems to be good. Powered down the system via remote. Hope to see new software in the morning.

Thanks Voom!

update regarding the 80-3 from WQED here in Pittsburgh, bryan27 in another thread said its a screwup in WQED's PSIP data and that it should be fixed in a few days. He said we should get it then. I'm going to tune my atenna a bit and see if I can pickup the WV PBS stations too, since my signal strenght is so close to lock on. Bryan says there a station he should be getting but that they dont' broadcast certain PSIP data, so the voom receiver won't add it.

I wish the voom receiver would tune analog OTA's too. UPN in our market is still not on the air in Digital. So with VOOM only, I'm missing my UPN shows.

v6.10 and still have white dot...

Not sure if this was discussed in the other thread--sorry, too many messages to read through. Anyway, feel free to merge this Sean.

Last night I was messing with my new installation of 6.10 and noticed the white dot bug is still there. Certainly not the worst thing in the world but was wondering if anyone else has seen it since the update.

The Rickster

wasch_24 said:
Just got time to look lastnight and got the update, and yes, the stuck pixel problem persists.
And I still get 2-seconds of a black screen every now and then (although it only happened once all of yesterday evening.) So I guess I'll be the first one to say it: When's the next software fix going to be available? This one was a pi$$-poor release. I didn't need OTA channel scanning. So, the only thing this update fixed for me was the microstutters. Although I'm happy about that fix, I was hoping for a few more bug fixes.

Perhaps Voom can focus more on fixing the problems they have instead of adding new features in the next release? I tell you what, I hope we don't have to wait for the next one as long as we had to wait for this one!!! :no

ChetK I thought you were dropping Voom? Why don't you just check back when all the problems are fixed?

I'm trying to figure out why you're like "I'm quitting!!!! I HATE Voom foreva'!" then you are still here talking about Voom stuff ... heh... you know you love Voom admit it.

you know you love Voom admit it.
I hope nobody takes offense to this, but, when it comes to this Voom stuff, I'm like a woman who always complains about being beat by her boyfriend, but, then won't leave him because she's afraid she'll never find anybody else.

Actually, I am a tad happy about the fact that Voom is trying to make things better. I can't say the same for the other Satellite providers.

2 updates?

This is weird. My STB was updated Tuesday night. All seemed well Wed. morning. When I turned it on, it rebooted, shut off again, and went on just fine when I turned it on again.

Wed AM signal strength seemed a bit lower than it had been, but stations came in fine. But Wed night, OTA signal strength showed zero. (Stations still worked) Occasionally, strength would jump up to 70+, then go back to zero.

This morning (Thurs), the box went through the same behavior as yesterday AM - turn on, it rebooted then shut itself off, turn on again and it was fine. Signal strength is now pretty much normal again - no zero readings.

Software still at version 6.10 - but it sure ACTED as if it had received another update last night! Anyone else experience this?

I usually turn my box off every night. Today I found it with the green light on. Do not know if it was on. But have anybody found the green light in front of the stb on after turning it off the previous night and having V6.10. This never happened with V5.68.

I got my upgrade last night and everything seems to be working fine. I gained two local channels by doing the OTA scan. Is it too early to start whining about when the next release is coming? ;)

Same here. I turned mine off the night before my upgrade. Woke up the following morning and the light was on. Did'nt know about the upgrade until I stopped by this board and everyone is talking about it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)