New Software version 7.37

geekygizmo said:
I get long audio dropouts and short video dropouts (black screen). Sometimes the audio goes dead for 10+ seconds, I had to switch channels a few times to get it back. Never had these problems with the older software.
I've noticed this, but I'm not so sure this hasn't aready been going on. Maybe we're a little more causius and things are more noticeable after we know of a download.
Although it definitely seems to be working slower than usual.

geekygizmo said:
Another really bad thing that happened today, I could change channels and the banner would change but not the picture, it stayed on the same channel until I rebooted the receiver.
This is definitely not new. This also happened to me, but I didn't reboot, I just cut it off and back on and it started working again. That way I didn't lose my program info. Since then, I've noticed it seems to be working slower and I think if you just give in a little, with your patience, it might work. Give it a few extra seconds.

geekygizmo said:
This is the worst it's been since 6.xx, VOOM Rewind me!!!!
I've been here since the beginning and I've seen it all. It's been a lot worse, but it's always gotten better (so far). So wind me forward...

geekygizmo said:
No one else getting this kind of weird stuff now??

Geeky.
I think we all have some kind of quirk, some worse than others. I'm here for the HD and will put up with more than most. So far, they have made things better, even when they didn't fix them.
But, remember to keep complaining, cause if you don't, they won't know your problems. Why should they care if you don't?

Lobstah said:
Sorry...but I've never seen that problem on my set...let alone %60 of the time.

Lob
Me neither, has happened only 4-5 times since I got the box.

On some of the other gripes:
There's this magic little volume or mute button to kill the `horrible' signal strength sound (which I suspect was selected expressly for usability, lower tones would fade into the background if you are far away and trying to tweak the signal). I also have no problem using a cheat sheet for one time operations like tweaking RF gain (now if I had to look up channel numbers that would be another deal :) ).

All in all very minor usability issues for a the ONLY supplier of HD mucho :cool: . I would rather see VOOM put resources into continuing service than piddle with this small stuff right now.

Rob.

geekygizmo said:
Another really bad thing that happened today, I could change channels and the banner would change but not the picture, it stayed on the same channel until I rebooted the receiver.

I had something similar last night, I could change channel and the banner would change, but all the channels were blank until I rebooted. I was surfing the local channels using the up-down to change the channels. I typically use the up-down buttons on the local channels. The sat channels I just punch in the number or choose from the guide.

Problems still remaining after 7.37:
  • Hidden channels don't stay hidden.
  • Tune to 5.2 and the box locks up (reason why I want it to stay hidden).
Coincidence?
  • A number of us in the Boston area have noticed that since the 7.37 "upgrade" we no longer receive channel 7.1 OTA. Is this a local station issue or somehow tied in with the software upgrade? I haven't seen a rash of members from other areas noting something similar so it might be just a local channel issue but I thought I'd post here to see if others are effected.

spacecookie said:
Had 7.33 forced the 7.37 update this is what I noticed.

my STB is connected to my HDTV and I ran the coax out upstairs to the bedroom using a URC-9910 and control it via RF.

Under 7.33 had to manually change the screen aspect to stretch or squeeze to compensate for the 4x3 TV upstairs, trying to avoid the plasma burn in.

Under the 7.37 I no longer have to change it, all regular chanels are fine the HD ones turn into letterbox. And as an added bonus my local channels increased to include the next area.

Just my observation...

So what are are you using for default settings

subdude212 said:
A number of us in the Boston area have noticed that since the 7.37 "upgrade" we no longer receive channel 7.1 OTA. Is this a local station issue or somehow tied in with the software upgrade? I haven't seen a rash of members from other areas noting something similar so it might be just a local channel issue but I thought I'd post here to see if others are effected.

Same problem with 7.1 I thought it was just a coincidence and the antenna moved in the wind or something. I also noticed the box locks up if I try 7.1 twice. However, my "myHD" MDP130 PCTV card on the same feed gets 7.1 without a hitch, so I no longer think its a signal strength issue.

Bob

Its been a while since I had a problem but I been reading the boards all the time. For the past 4 months the firmware upgrades had solved all my problems with reboots etc. It was nice. However, since the latest upgrade Im having different problems. I havent locked up where I needed to reboot (other then the first time I used it after 7.34 was installed). The problem i have now is when changing stations a number of them appear to be blank with no sound/no picture. It almost seems like the station is off the air but when i tune to another station and go back the station is back there. This evening alone, when tuning to any of the 100's, i thought all these stations were down cause nothing worked, but after tyyping in the number to the station it was back. I only noticed this on the 100's and 200's. OR was there some type of outage (in the past 2 hours?).

It's been much better lately, but i just wanted to post my problem to fume.

PS. Anyone know if 341 is going to come back in April for Baseball? I know there isnt any panthers game to broadcast but it was certainly cool to see Marlins in HD. I hope they didnt drop that plan/idea.

flipper2001 said:
Its been a while since I had a problem but I been reading the boards all the time. For the past 4 months the firmware upgrades had solved all my problems with reboots etc. It was nice. However, since the latest upgrade Im having different problems. I havent locked up where I needed to reboot (other then the first time I used it after 7.34 was installed). The problem i have now is when changing stations a number of them appear to be blank with no sound/no picture. It almost seems like the station is off the air but when i tune to another station and go back the station is back there. This evening alone, when tuning to any of the 100's, i thought all these stations were down cause nothing worked, but after tyyping in the number to the station it was back. I only noticed this on the 100's and 200's. OR was there some type of outage (in the past 2 hours?)

Yeah, I have noticed the same problem. It was especially bad today in the 100's. I have the 7.37 software...

-John

flipper2001 said:
Its been a while since I had a problem but I been reading the boards all the time. For the past 4 months the firmware upgrades had solved all my problems with reboots etc. It was nice. However, since the latest upgrade Im having different problems. I havent locked up where I needed to reboot (other then the first time I used it after 7.34 was installed). The problem i have now is when changing stations a number of them appear to be blank with no sound/no picture. It almost seems like the station is off the air but when i tune to another station and go back the station is back there. This evening alone, when tuning to any of the 100's, i thought all these stations were down cause nothing worked, but after tyyping in the number to the station it was back. I only noticed this on the 100's and 200's. OR was there some type of outage (in the past 2 hours?).
I haven't noticed any problem with 7.37...until last night. I had lots of blank channels when channel surfing and had to toggle back and forth to get audio/video. 7.37 has been working fine on all three receivers until last night so I will assume VOOM is doing something at the uplink/sat that is affecting the receiver. Hopefully others noticed this problem last night. :confused:

riffjim4069 said:
I haven't noticed any problem with 7.37...until last night. I had lots of blank channels when channel surfing and had to toggle back and forth to get audio/video. 7.37 has been working fine on all three receivers until last night so I will assume VOOM is doing something at the uplink/sat that is affecting the receiver. Hopefully others noticed this problem last night. :confused:

Yup, looks better today as well as late last night.

[update] NOPE, still there! Oh well, not really a biggie.

-John

I have yhe 7.37 upgrade and i am still getting the 1 or 2 second clack screens on menu, over the air, or sat. till I have a DVR I am not going to fuss over it, and have them send "dumb and dumber" from installs Inc. to waste my time

rc

telekol said:
I have yhe 7.37 upgrade and i am still getting the 1 or 2 second clack screens on menu, over the air, or sat. till I have a DVR I am not going to fuss over it, and have them send "dumb and dumber" from installs Inc. to waste my time

rc

Oh comon, they don't send dumb and dumber, they just send Leroy and his half brother Elroy.

riffjim4069 said:

I noticed this same problem and even earlier today it was still happening.

I'm also getting the black screen after entering a channel by surfing. So far, that is the only way it goes black. If I use the EPG or key in the channel directly, it does not go black.

I just noticed this happening the last day or so also yet my upgrade to 7.37 was a week or more ago. Anyone got any ideas.......

How do you know if you got the 7.37 update can you check somewhere if you have it, i have the Blank Screens also and it is bothering me also hopefully Voom could fix these problem soon. :D

Hit Voom button
Hit Green Button twice
Under System Settings Screen choose number 6. System Status
Arrow down to the next screen and check "HAL Version"
It will read 00.07.37

Code Version Info

To see what version of code you are running just press help button then info button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)