New Software version 7.37

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
30% of boxes will be upgraded tonight with 7.37. If there is no problems encounter, the rest of the boxes will be upgrade by the end of the week. SuperDMA code will be on hold until all boxes are at 7.37

Well, looks like another 30% of the customers might be getting the 7.37 software update tonight!

I got 737 on one of three boxes last night. I`ve been Vooming since Dec.

Blizz said:
I got 737 on one of three boxes last night. I`ve been Vooming since Dec.
Yep! 30%! ;)

So what does this Fix?

Other than the Black screen issues others have mentioned? (I have not Noticed.) MY biggest gripe with the STB is Programming.

Are they ever going to give us more the 3 days of Guide Data?
why can't Programming choices stick? If I want Battlestar Galactica and the Apprentice I want them ALL the time not this one-time then POOF! do it again! Thats just stupid.

But I suppose thats another issue for another thread......

Go Voom Go!

Well I was targeted last night and now I have no VOOM I have done soft boot...hard boot and all I get are the two dots blinking in orange. Not even the main VOOM screen that says "wait". I called CSR and they tried a hit but that didn't work. Said I would have to have a tech come out. I know it had to do with the update. Could it be trhing to do the update again in the afternoon?

What does 7.37 update do?

Does anyone know what 7.37 update does? Resolve old bugs or provide new features?

TIA.

Threv said:
Are they ever going to give us more the 3 days of Guide Data?
why can't Programming choices stick? If I want Battlestar Galactica and the Apprentice I want them ALL the time not this one-time then POOF! do it again!
This will be possible with VOOM DVR.

gutter said:
Well I was targeted last night and now I have no VOOM I have done soft boot...hard boot and all I get are the two dots blinking in orange. Not even the main VOOM screen that says "wait". I called CSR and they tried a hit but that didn't work. Said I would have to have a tech come out. I know it had to do with the update. Could it be trhing to do the update again in the afternoon?
As I replied to you in the other thread, blinking dots usually mean download attempt. Give it 20-30 minutes to complete. Do not interrupt it!

dash2004 said:
Does anyone know what 7.37 update does? Resolve old bugs or provide new features?
Changes are minor. Most of them are on the back-end to accommodate transition to NDS, etc. Not very visible to users.

thanks. I unplugged it for half and hour and now it is working. Why would they be downloading in the middle of the day? that could only bring trouble unless the customer was prepared to know it.

gutter said:
thanks. I unplugged it for half and hour and now it is working. Why would they be downloading in the middle of the day? that could only bring trouble unless the customer was prepared to know it.
Normally they don't. Perhaps the download was interrupted or got stuck somehow? Are you on 7.37 now?

Ilya said:
Normally they don't. Perhaps the download was interrupted or got stuck somehow? Are you on 7.37 now?

Yes I checked and it says 7.37. Also cancelled the service call. If they had to replace the box it would have been the 5th in less than a year. The last big firmware upgrade fried that box entirely.

Ilya...sorry for being so stupid sounding but what is the "transiton to NDS" ? What is NDS? A tech guy I am not but I know enough to be dangerous. :D

gutter said:
Ilya...sorry for being so stupid sounding but what is the "transiton to NDS" ? What is NDS? A tech guy I am not but I know enough to be dangerous. :D
It has to do with encryption and conditional access. Check the following thread for details:

Voom To Use News Corp. Software

I noticed if you go into the deep hidden menus there are allot of pages to do with the NDS software programming language. At least I would assume this is what all the gibberish is.

Indy...If I translate NDS and what the thread says...it is mostly about pay per view availability and RSN. So that is what the upgrade was mostly about. Prepareing for PPV. Hope it happens soon.

both of my boxes loaded 737 last night here in dallas tx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)