New Software version 7.37

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
From what I was told everyone will be upgraded to 7.37 tonight or tomorrow morning.

UPDATE: The 7.37 software upgrade will be pushed to 100% of the customers overnight. If you leave your STB off (in standby), it will be upgraded between 2:10 AM and 5:10 AM (local time). After 5:30 AM PST (8:30 AM EST) the download will be switched to "forced" mode, so you should receive it even if the STB is left on.

If everything goes fine, everyone will be on 7.37 tomorrow!

If you see blinking dots on the STB - the download is in progress. The download can take 20-40 minutes. Do not interrupt it! Once the download is complete the box will reboot. If the lights are not blinking and the box seems to be locked up for more than a couple of minutes, you can reboot it manually.

Enjoy! ;)

Ilya said:
From what I was told everyone will be upgraded to 7.37 tonight or tomorrow morning.
I am targeted now. I just started the download. Hopefully it will fix some of the instabilities that 7.33 introduced that cause us to reboot the box about once a week now.

I was targeted so I told it to download now and the box shut off and won't turn back on, this is not what it did before, I was able to watch the download happen, am I hosed?

My 3rd and final STB was targeted so I forced the download. It worked, but the update took much longer (45 minutes) than when my other STBs were updated on Monday. FYI, my signal level was 97. I also noticed the status bar didn't update (% complete) so, other than the two blinking lights, there was no way to be certain the update was still loading. Does sending updates to the hoi polloi take longer than targeting a smaller group?

Anyway, all three boxes are working fine after the update.

Mine was updated at 7:30pm last night which was odd. Good thing it was before Prime-Time :)

Wonder where all the VOOM DOOMers are to speculate that this update was quickly pushed signaling the end of VOOM :D

can someone please explain to me what the super dma is, and what it's benefits will be?

Fell asleep on the sofa(gotta stop doing that the other half is getting a little pissed--might take the VOOM away) woke up at 2:15 am-tv screen was gray not the usual black-figures that it was gettin the update although looking at the box the satellite image was green and nothing else,waited till 3:30 am still no reboot.I figured that the down load should be complete,tried to turn the stb off with the remote,nothing happens,do a soft reboot and the stb respondes and come on. Check the version and it's now 7.37 I hope that since the box was doing nothing for over an hour that it had just locked up and not rebooted.Hope that I didn't mess up the download--we'll see soon I guess

After my box went dark, I left it for an hour and checked on it... still dark, so I yanked the power cord, plugged it back in and it started right into the download and it went ok.

One of mine had to rebooted in order to start the download process this morning, the other updated itself last night. Everything is working ok as far as I can tell.

vurbano said:
ok I have Software Ver 02.4C and HAL Version 00.07.37. Now what?
Now you are all set! ;)

Had 7.33 forced the 7.37 update this is what I noticed.

my STB is connected to my HDTV and I ran the coax out upstairs to the bedroom using a URC-9910 and control it via RF.

Under 7.33 had to manually change the screen aspect to stretch or squeeze to compensate for the 4x3 TV upstairs, trying to avoid the plasma burn in.

Under the 7.37 I no longer have to change it, all regular chanels are fine the HD ones turn into letterbox. And as an added bonus my local channels increased to include the next area.

Just my observation...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)