New Software Version 7.34

SactoCal said:
I read it as.. "Everyone is talking about free OTA's, but if they are going to charge us for un-returned boxes, then your OTA would cost you $500, or $1500 if you have 3 boxes based on the promo."

Thats how I read it with my special Green Lantern Decoder Ring.

Some of us bought our boxes and will keep them.

1/27/2005 at 6:15 AM PST and still not targeted for 734. Did they halt the rollout?

cidbozek said:
im not targeted, how can i force the update?
If you are not targeted - you can't!

jimmykce1 said:
No new software here either. Also I haven't been targeted either.

Dumb question, how does one find out if they are targeted or not?

Thanks, Rob.

Go into the system status menu (green buttom) and page down. You will see target= 0 or a new version. Below that is the current version. 7.33. I have not received update yet either.

gutter said:
Go into the system status menu (green buttom) and page down. You will see target= 0 or a new version. Below that is the current version. 7.33. I have not received update yet either.

Thanks...I'll try that tonight after work.

Why Are you people worrying about an update ::: Worry about your programing?::: one more time a Quote from a Voom Supervisor "We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support ::
Start talking about what matters the programing that of 26000+ sub's

Voom is not going away immediately!

Until Dish gets a shot at all the Voom customers. I don't understand what all the panic is about. Of course, I am very unhappy about the Rainbow DBS satellite being sold, like everyone else. And I hope the rumor is true that Dish will pick up the unique HD channels. In a short amount of time, I have become hooked on Monsters, Rush, Rave.

Hey, we may all come out OK here. There reservation I have is I long felt Charlie Ergen is addicted to mediocrity. But maybe he will prove me wrong. I am, after all, the guy that said when he saw Craig Biggio's first major league at bat .. "this guy will never make it:. :)

kelljc said:
Why Are you people worrying about an update ::: Worry about your programing?::: one more time a Quote from a Voom Supervisor "We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support ::
Start talking about what matters the programing that of 26000+ sub's
Why would you post this in a thread about a new software version?

There are already other threads about programming and subscribers. Don't post here if you have nothing to say about the software version.

Speaking of the software version, I am not targeted yet. Maybe there were problems halting the rest of the release.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Why would you post this in a thread about a new software version?

There are already other threads about programming and subscribers. Don't post here if you have nothing to say about the software version.

Speaking of the software version, I am not targeted yet. Maybe there were problems halting the rest of the release.

Oh please like if you were the first one to get the update you wouldn't post immediately. Everyone is all excited when they get an update and think they are something special. Then they start having problems and their box locks up and they think "damn, why do I get to be a Guinea pig. At least Voom is keeping contact with their customers and not saying "screw you we don't need you any more."

ROLLZROYCE said:
Oh please like if you were the first one to get the update you wouldn't post immediately. Everyone is all excited when they get an update and think they are something special. Then they start having problems and their box locks up and they think "damn, why do I get to be a Guinea pig. At least Voom is keeping contact with their customers and not saying "screw you we don't need you any more."
Um... I don't know how your reply relates to anything I said.

kelljc was rambling off topic. I was calling him on it. Was there more?

V7.34

I got it too. I didn't know where to look, but I called the #800. Astonishingly enough, the wait time was only about three minutes. I don't think they are having too many probs. In jest, I asked the CSR what the news was. She said they are adding more HD in March, and that they are launching another satellite. Still the company line, but they seem upbeat. I'm gonna roll with it and hope for a long term solution that involves VOOM. There is just nothing that compares.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts