New Software Update Tonight! (Version 00.05.68)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Posted by Wilt at Yahoo Group

We are all set for the "Forced" download of Neptune version 568 to all boxes tonight. The download will commence at 4:45am Eastern. At that time, nearly all boxes will reboot to the download screen (whether or not they are in standby). The download will take approx 20-25 minutes, after which the box will reboot onto the new code. The vast majority of boxes will return automatically to their prior on/off state, with no user interaction required. As with earlier downloads, some boxes may need to be unplugged/replugged.

The release contains fixes for the following Neptune version 55c issues:
1) Freezes/lockups.
2) DVI flashes.
3) Daylight savings time.
4) Video jitter on some outputs when box is in 720p.

The following boxes will not take the download tonight:
1) The portion of boxes installed 3/26 through 3/31 that have not already upgraded to Neptune 55c. These boxes will automatically take the upgrade within 7 days of their initial activation (on or before 4/6).
2) Any boxes without power or satellite communication.
3) Beta boxes that have already been upgraded to Neptune 568.

The "Forced" download will be removed at 6:45am Eastern, so as not to affect field installs. Boxes installed after tonight will not be upgraded until 4:45am EST that night. The download will be reinstated 4:45-6:45am EST every night in order to upgrade that day's installs.

Please be advised that due to the Daylight Savings Time defect in prior versions, boxes that have not taken this download by Monday morning will be off by one hour (clock and guide) until they take the overnight download. Also, all boxes installed on or after Monday 4/5 will be off by one hour until 4:45am the first night following the install, and will automatically take the download at that time.

Also, a) The numbers of sat/OTA channels are back on System Status screen
b) Closed captioning now correctly passing CC608 through to TV when Voom System Status CC display option is set to OFF.
Wilt

The guys at VOOM have done an incredible job to get the update out this fast. Some customers have undoubtedly had their patience tested at times by the last software update. But the speed at which they've developed and delivered this fix is really unheard of in the DBS industry, and even the STB industry for that matter.

Those who purchased initial 721 and 921 units had to live with regular crashes for weeks and weeks, if not months, and the new Motorola HD boxes being deployed by cable still crash on a regular basis.

software update

We are all set for the "Forced" download of Neptune version 568 to all boxes tonight. The download will commence at 4:45am Eastern. At that time, nearly all boxes will reboot to the download screen (whether or not they are in standby). The download will take approx 20-25 minutes, after which the box will reboot onto the new code. The vast majority of boxes will return automatically to their prior on/off state, with no user interaction required. As with earlier downloads, some boxes may need to be unplugged/replugged.

The release contains fixes for the following Neptune version 55c issues:
1) Freezes/lockups.
2) DVI flashes.
3) Daylight savings time.
4) Video jitter on some outputs when box is in 720p.

The following boxes will not take the download tonight:
1) The portion of boxes installed 3/26 through 3/31 that have not already upgraded to Neptune 55c. These boxes will automatically take the upgrade within 7 days of their initial activation (on or before 4/6).
2) Any boxes without power or satellite communication.
3) Beta boxes that have already been upgraded to Neptune 568.

The "Forced" download will be removed at 6:45am Eastern, so as not to affect field installs. Boxes installed after tonight will not be upgraded until 4:45am EST that night. The download will be reinstated 4:45-6:45am EST every night in order to upgrade that day's installs.

Please be advised that due to the Daylight Savings Time defect in prior versions, boxes that have not taken this download by Monday morning will be off by one hour (clock and guide) until they take the overnight download. Also, all boxes installed on or after Monday 4/5 will be off by one hour until 4:45am the first night following the install, and will automatically take the download at that time.

Also, a) The numbers of sat/OTA channels are back on System Status screen
b) Closed captioning now correctly passing CC608 through to TV when Voom System Status CC display option is set to OFF.
Wilt

Getting it right now... I have been busy the past week and haven't been here to know it was coming... I just happened to notice that part of the digital readout was on.

I guess it should be done pretty soon if it started at 4:45 EST.

Is the download screen a bunch of numbers on a grey screen? Does this mean I can't get a picture while this is occurring? I am up at this yime everyday. I rebooted the box because I thought it was just screwed up again. I've only had it 6 days and have had numerous problems with losing the picture and guide.

When I got up at 5:30, my box was locked up with 1 orange light on. I'm showing the update, but all my channels are locked. Even if I go to unlock them, they lock again. I hope this is just part of the update process.

Geno

My channels are all locked by parental controls. I can unlock them one at a time, but when I tune to another channel, then come back it is locked again. I have the 5.68 update according to the status screen. I've tried going to the parental controls menu to unlock but it does not help. Anybody else having this problem?

Updated to 5.68. My STB was on all night and it took the download and remained set to 1080i resolution. I installed a phone line last weekend, using an RCA wireless phone jack, and did a successful reportback a couple of days ago. Not sure if that made any difference.

For the last couple of days, I noticed the strange artifacts that JaydeeD had reported. They were bright white dots that appeared in random locations on the screen. They would last for about 5 minutes and then go away. I wonder if those indicate some kind of test is going on with the software?

Happy to report that this update was without incident for me. "Transparent to the user" is exactly what it was until I looked in System Settings and saw the new software version.

The Stone Man said:
Happy to report that this update was without incident for me. "Transparent to the user" is exactly what it was until I looked in System Settings and saw the new software version.

Same here. This is how it should happen and be seamless without the average V* subscriber even having to know anything.

Audio dropouts still on HDNews...big surprise huh?

Now get that OTA scanning upgrade to us ASAP.

AWESOME new problem please read!!!

Upon waking up this morning I tried to turn on my Voom box to watch some news but nothing happened box would not turn on also tried from power button on box no power. So I did a front panel reset and it went through its normal power cycle but then displayed this on my screen:

0-03090-57632 (timer counting up) 0:00

0000000C-000000000-0000005C-00000000
00000055C-000000000-00000208-00000000
00000208- ffe- 0 3037

1)4224 1fff 3 83 4560
2)1090 22.0 5/62.3
3)00 00 0/0
4)202 0 0 0 0

Also tried unplugging but same problem CSR does not open till 8AM. Also have to blinking orange lights on the box where a clock would display? Is my box going to self-destruct? :)

Mine is doing the same thing!

is there a new download?
because I already have V00.05.68. :confused:

correction:

I have 5.5c,

maybe it is a new download. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)