New Software Version 7.34

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Still didn't receive 7.34, but all stb are working fine. Did Voom stop sending out the software upgrade??

My feeling is this. You dislike the indecision or lack of information on Voom's part? Then call Voom and cancel your service. There are other sat providers ready to take your business. Until Voom says something different from what they are telling their customers, it is still business as usual. Why not hammer Direct and Dish because they have not given you their next six month business plan for your approval ?

Software problem

Hey,

Spoke to CSR last night because on multiple channels I am getting "no signal received from satellite" message. Other channels work fine. No rhyme or reason as to which ones are off and which ones are on.

We did the usual soft reboot and then hard reboot. No changes. Receiver is at 7.33 so CSR suggested going to standby and getting new version.

Haven't been able to check this morning, but has anyone else seen this issue? Do you think the new version will fix?

I thought that maybe the end was near and different providers had stopped broadcasting, but since I don't see anything on the forums this must not be true.

jimmykce1 said:
Still didn't receive 7.34, but all stb are working fine. Did Voom stop sending out the software upgrade??
Yes, VOOM has stopped sending 7.34 due to some new issues discovered recently (I don't have any specifics). They are planning to resume updates once the issues are corrected and the new version is tested. From what I've heard, they already have the next version that they are testing internally.

Since the difference between 7.33 and 7.34 is not very significant, this is not a big deal for most of us.

I live just out side new orleans and I never got the update.. BUT When I called VOOM Tech sup. and they told me there is no 734........ the only and lastest update is 733.
SO what is going on?????????

chapm4 said:
Hey,

Spoke to CSR last night because on multiple channels I am getting "no signal received from satellite" message. Other channels work fine. No rhyme or reason as to which ones are off and which ones are on.

We did the usual soft reboot and then hard reboot. No changes. Receiver is at 7.33 so CSR suggested going to standby and getting new version.

Haven't been able to check this morning, but has anyone else seen this issue? Do you think the new version will fix?

I thought that maybe the end was near and different providers had stopped broadcasting, but since I don't see anything on the forums this must not be true.

I had this happened to me sometimes when Voom addes new channels. I had to the Voom CSR and ask them to unstill all the stb, wait for a few minutes, and than reactivate the stb to get all the signals. I would try going that route if the soft and hard reboot didn't work for you.

Think Super DMA have something will rollout

I have a feeling that the release of the new software version, which i receive the first day, is now awaiting the release of the super Dma. I am in Los Angeles and my Super DMA map # is 2. We are scheduled to receive the new Super Dma map tomorrow, February 9th, and i think they are waiting to make sure there are no conflicts with the new upgrade and software.

By the way isn't it great Voom lives. VOOM IS GOING NOWHERE IT IS HERE TO STAY. KEEP THE FIGHT ALIVE MR DOLAN, VOOM IS A DIAMOND THAT HAS TO SHINE FOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER.

2 tv's

I live just outside New Orleans, La......I got the 7.34 update on one tv weeks ago.....but I've been waiting for the update on my 2nd box and it never was received......what gives?

Are they still sending it? What about the super-dma....is it still going out?

kirkdj, as far as I can tell from reading this forum and the VOOM/Yahoo forum the 7.34 upgrade was stopped for technical reasons. We don't have it here. Have heard that another update is waiting in the wings.

Still enjoying HDTV under slightly foggy (where's the rain?) Seattle skies, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)