New Software Version 7.34

My install was on 1/19. Went smooth enouph. (except installer covered his butchery of my wall with "FOUR" (I SAID 4!) cover plates.

Anyway, I got the update on the bedroom stb 3 days ago. The living room stb was unplugged and had no power going to it. (I was unaware) It had not recieved the update. I got home and noticed the bedroom VOOM was only showing a couple of channels. Most stated "No signal from satellite on channel XXX please try again later"

I called CS and he asked me to check the other stb. That's when I found that it was unplugged. After plugging it in, it had all channels working. (Although it was missing program information for a while) So I had a working stb without the update and a nonfunctioning stb with the update.

The CSR did several things on his end to no avail. Finally I softbooted the updated stb and all is well. Has worked flawlessly since.

I LOVE VOOM!! (and I have tc-premier/nfl ticket/hd package D* too.....doesn't compare except I can record with DVR)

Incidently, my living room stb updated that same night. It never had any issues, although I have barely used the family HT. Since VOOM, I find myself enjoying the bedroom theatre mostly! The kids VOOM in the main room.

kelljc said:
Why Are you people worrying about an update ::: Worry about your programing?::: one more time a Quote from a Voom Supervisor "We're going to provide customer's unterreupted service> .... " thank all customer's for there support ::
Start talking about what matters the programing that of 26000+ sub's
You seriously need a life.

I think I would have been better off WITHOUT the upgrade. I have to soft-boot every few hours now to get the remote to work. (Both stb's with the update) I never had any issues with either box before the update.

The soft-boot isn't a pain really, but the loss of the program guide sure is.

The other problem the update appears to have introduced is the "info" button does not bring up info of the channel you are viewing. It appears to just randomly pick the channels adjacent to the one you are viewing. Repeatedly clicking "info" will occasionaly result in the correct information. Irritating.

But I'm NOT whining VOOM! Please stay on. I'll even change channels manually if you want me to. :)

I don't have 7.34 yet, but prior 7.33 I used to lose my guide data if my box was left on but now I have a full guide, but it's still weird, the data always ends at 7:30 AM. I think they must send out the update daily or something, otherwise, why would it always end at 7:30? Anyone have the inside scoop on the EPG?

I have a weird thing between my two receivers. Both have 7.3 but one has a lock code pin installed between the system settings and the quick settings menu. I did not set this and tried 0000 as a pin code and it works. So if anyone else finds their box locked with a pin try 0000 and see if you can get in. The other receiver did not take on a pin.

Does anyone know the status of the 7.34 rollout? My oldest receiver, the only I've had since early April, was updated the first night. However, the two additional receivers I had installed in December still have 7.33. All receivers are rock-solid reliable, just wondering why the newer receivers haven't been updated in nearly a week. Anyway, how many of your receivers have been updated?

1 of 3 over here.

I have also not recieved 7.34. Perhaps they are making other changes as well and decided to hold off. Seems like a lot have not recevied the new one so perhaps it went out to only a small percentage of the base.

Still on 7.33 here, and not targeted. I'm up to 2753 hours since last standby--I wonder if that makes any difference? From what I have read about version 7.34, it's not a big deal to still be on 7.33.

snaggerbob said:
1 of 3 for me too riifjam. you'd think all would get it at the same time.

Voom usually sends it to everyone over a couple of days. I still haven't gotten 7.34 on either of my stb. Wondering what happen to this department.

I have 7.34 on one of my boxes and 7.33 on the other one. I do not see any differences between the two versions of the software.

everyone here that has received the 7.34 update, did you all purchase your stb? just wondering if that has something to do with who gets it and who doesnt!

Purchase

cidbozek said:
everyone here that has received the 7.34 update, did you all purchase your stb? just wondering if that has something to do with who gets it and who doesnt!

I own my box and I don't have the update yet. No one has ever stated exactly what the update was for. I'd love super DMA to roll out some time soon.

gross67 said:
No one has ever stated exactly what the update was for.

According to the engineers you and I should see no difference between the two. This was a fixed to how the software change channel between NDS Encrypted channels.

My Living Room STB upgraded to 7.34 a few days ago.

My BR one did not. (I usually don't shut it off at night)

I lost a local channel tonight (FOX) in the living room and was poking around to see what was up.

My software version reverted to 7.33 :mad:

I will call the local fox station to see if they did the paradigm thingy, but either way, the software version reverted backwards.

YES, I did a hard boot.

Same same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)