CONFIRMED: New version 6.10 has arrived! (Please post your observations here)

Ok, since I got new version updated last night and I played with the OTA scanning feature for few hours right after I came home from work. I did the first OTA scanning this morning before I went to work without being locked up. But now I got one STB locked up on me three times which I had to reboot each time. I tried soft reboot first but no PG even after about one hour passed. So I rebooted with unplugging but still no PG information. I went through this process three times now and I just gave up for tonight and I will just let it standby until tomorrow and see what happens. However, I was able to pick up just about all the local stations except FOX channel. This morning both WB and FOX channels didn't get picked up. PQ seems to be about the same as before but with less microstutter problems.
The other STB with HDTV hooked up is doing fine without any problems so far. I was able to pick up about 23 local channels with exception of FOX channel even though many of those channels are same networks, it is still pretty cool to pick up any available local channels. The transparency surf bar menu was only happended to me one time but I can't seemed to duplicate anymore no matter what I tried but it is no big deal to me anyway. The weather was less than perfect today but I had no rain fade problems at all here in central Texas. I also noticed white pixelization spot but only lasted few minutes and disappeared. Hope my other STB receiver is back to normal by tomorrow. So far, this updated software version is doing fine with my main TV room but not so good with my other bedroom STB. Go figure!!!

Oh, the transparency menu bar is back now. This time it worked when I pressed VOOM button, green button, system status, wait for the warning sign to go off, and pressed watch button but only black blank screen with only sound came back. So I surfed channel up button then voila, there is transparency menu bar. This trick was posted in other thread but it works only sometimes with me and not consistently enough yet. Nothing new but I thought I share my experience with fellow Voomers out there. I know other people's comment in this forum helped me great deal of less frustration.

I just got Voom installed today everything was perfect, then I decided to hit the upgrade button and now I get the rain effect stuff, the picture keeps on pixelating, why did I have to press that stupid button!! ahhh

Does everyone but me have the new software upgrade? What do I need to do to get it...

I just went to system settings, installation guide, and then verify. Then it gave me the option to upgrade. Did it and saw 6.10 show up. Hope this helps

Sean Mota said:
This update has one major fix --- Microstutters and one major feature --- OTA Scanning and the Installation Wizard. Both required a lot of coding in the background to which none we will see. The Transparency surf bar is not a feature but more like something left by accident. You can go back to page 9 or 10 of this thread and find out how you can get it to show.
Yes. :yes

For the first time since got Voom, I was able to watch a movie without continually noticing stutter or dropouts.

Gr8Reb8 said:
Yes. :yes

For the first time since got Voom, I was able to watch a movie without continually noticing stutter or dropouts.

Yes, I have to agree. I watched Bad Boys II last night on CinemaxHD (East I think) and no stuttering and no black screens. :D It was nice to not be disturbed.

I will also say that the picture quality was very clear (except during the rain scenes and the high action scenes.) I like the nice clean blacks (I'm talking about picture quality, not the characters) and the color saturations were very nice in this movie as well. I realize that this HD transfer was not OAR, but the picture quality of the transfer was very nice. Just a little more bandwidth and put it in OAR and this would have been an A+ movie. Instead, it was maybe an A- or B+ movie.

We're getting there. I certainly hope more satellite space will allow Voom to add more bandwidth. Then Voom would be perfect and I could stop bi+ching.

After midnight and into this morning, I am getting i am getting breakup on every channel. pixing and freezing. Signal strength is above 90. Anyone else noticing this. Are they playing with it. Also the PQ which was great had degraded in my opinion. I just don't know why. But it started right after the convention was over.

Ok, this morning my other bedroom STB is back to normal with PG and all. I guess that PG information took lot longer than before to download yesterday. But still no FOX local channel for me. Well, I guess I just have to miss the FOX channel for now. Even with some initial problems with Voom, I am fairly satisfied with HD Voom service, now they just need to solve my account billing problem.....BTW, I just saw a movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" last night in TNT-HD and I enjoyed it better than its DVD counterpart, (PQ that is) minus the commercials. Now all I need is channels like HGTV, Lifetime, etc. for my wife and Voomer is definitely keeper for my family.

eddiew said:
Does everyone but me have the new software upgrade? What do I need to do to get it...

I don't have it. I also tried going to System Settings -> Installation, to look for a Verify option that would let me choose to upgrade, but I didn't see anything like that. All I saw was: Tune Satellite Signal, Reportback, and System Status.

(I'm in Jacksonville, FL, btw...don't know if they were upgrading region by region...)

I dont have it either...Im in NY...but I just came home from vacation and realized that I left the receiver on for four days. Forgot to put it in standby mode...Im not going to do it now though...the fight starts in about an hour and 15 mins...dont want anything getting in the way of an HD event.

Yep getting freezes all the time now

CYA guys DIXH is gettin installed this friday good bye voom wish I could take Rush with me but you can keep the rest of the troubles. Good idea bad execution. And the bugs roll on..........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)