Channel losses...

NYRman1975

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Fulton, NY
Wow, what is going on with Glorystar lately? First we lost Safe TV, then we lost GBN, and now it appears that we have lost LoveWorld too (and their website does not show Galaxy 19 as a broadcassting satellite anymore), all in a relatively close span. I understand that this is a free service (other than equipment costs), and that things are subject to change, but it is becoming kind of disheartening that we seem to be losing multiple channels.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come, for I truly enjoy Glorystar's service (ack, I am having Skyangel Satellite flashbacks as they slowly died off from the satellite biz). If it is possible, I think we would all like some good news of new channels, and reassurances that Glorystar is not going to disappear.

My prayers are certainly with Glorystar and their success to reach the multitudes with the gospel.

While a few channels have recently removed their signal from the satellites, new ones are constantly replacing. This is typical in the FTA world...... stations come and stations go.

Unfortunately, the economy is also affecting Christian broadcasters. There has been a dramatic decrease in donations and many ministries are having to cut costs. LoveWorld removed their North America channel as a cost cutting measure. SafeTV removed the satellite service as most of their viewers were unaware that SafeTV even needed their donations. GBN had some contract issues and is looking for another uplink partner. We expect GBN to return shortly.

Glorystar is stronger than ever with increasing sales and establishing favorable agreements with uplinkers for future Glorystar broadcasting ventures. We have minimized the demand for technical support with the development of automatic updating receivers and production of high quality components. Two new services were added to the Glorystar lineup last week (Devine TV and Joy Radio). Four new channels are preparing to launch before the end of this year. A new Christian TV channel is being launched this fall in cooperation between Glorystar and an uplink partner to playout 1/2 hour and 1 hour programming for ministry's who do not have enough content to provide 24/7 schedules.

Unlike other services, Glorystar is not dependent on satellite contracts or subscriptions. We have the ability to scale our staff and facilities to maintain cost control. Glorystar is continuing to grow in the current economy and maintain discussions with many potential broadcasters who are waiting in the wings for a more favorable time to launch, establish viewers and a donor base.

Glorystar thanks you for your thoughts and prayers! Please continue to support the broadcasters with your prayers and donations!

Great to hear!

Thanks for the pep talk Glorystar, It means a lot to all of us out here! It was also nice to see the two new channels announced and that GBN will be coming back soon.

You definitely have loyal support in my household. We have upgraded to the multi-room setup and as we "replenish the funds", we will be investing in the DVR.

Thanks again for all your work out there and keep the faith!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts