Channel Master 1.2 meter dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jamestheman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
Dallas,Texas
Hi everyone, I hope you are all having a great day!

You know the saying one mans junk is another mans treasure! Well I found a junkyard the other day and my wife is not too thrilled about it! lol!

I have been really badly wanting to get a 1.2 meter or 4 foot dish to try the c band experimnet on. Well something told me to call some of the dish places in my area and see if any of them are "old timers" and might have some old leftover stuff from the good ole days!

Well I found this guy and called him on the phone, told him what was going on, and he said, " I have what you need for your project"! I said cool!

Well I got in the old pickup truck and drove up to his house where I found the most awesome display of unused dishes I have ever seen in my life! It looked like he ripped off three cable companies and a tv station! I have never seen so many channel masters in my life! In all the guy had 9 of the 1.2 meter ku channel masters with old school lnbs on them and a cool feedhorn, 3 of what looked to be 6.5 foot c band fiberglass dishes, a couple of 33 inch fta solid steel dishes, and a couple 40 inch or so channel master dishes!

I could only fit a couple in my truck at a time, so I bought a 33 inch and a 4 foot dish.

I put it on the pole I had my primestar on and found it fits just right on there.

he gave me a great price on these things, Are any of you in the tyler texas area? I hate to see them go wasted, My wife frowned enough at the 4 footer, I know she would allow me to throw that 6.5 in with it.

I am going to order a new c/ku combo lnb and see how it works and might even try to motorize the thing, Worst case if the motor wont work I can use it on the 33 I bought for ku feed chasing and then aim the 1.2 meter at a good sat for both c and ku band and leave it there!

I'm in DFW, but it may be a worthwhile adventure out to the country to find this guy. Where exactly is this "dish graveyard" and how cheap are we talking?

I have no idea what it would cost to ship one of these badboys! I see on sadoun it cost like $210 to ship a 48 through ups!

no doubt

In all the guy had 9 of the 1.2 meter ku channel masters with old school lnbs on them and a cool feedhorn, 3 of what looked to be 6.5 foot c band fiberglass dishes, a couple of 33 inch fta solid steel dishes, and a couple 40 inch or so channel master dishes!
Yea, I can see that being worth a trip to get dishes for several guys!
At the very least, RV1pop might swing by this summer and clean house.
SatGuys is just the vacuum this guy needs to get rid of a bunch of 1.2m Channel Masters! :eek:

I'm getting my camper ready this weekend and Tyler State Park is one of the options for a trip next weekend. I could probably fit a few of these dishes in the truck! I'd really appreciate that address.

Also, anybody know if these could be motorized, and what type/brand to buy?

Thanks for the info in advance,

Mattman71

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)