Channel Master 7777

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I have a question about the Channel Master 7777 pre-amp. I am getting a Channel Master 4228 and this pre-amp. What I would like to do is split the signal into two. So I can get OTA in two rooms of the house. Only question I have is where does the splitter go, before the power inserter or after?

Thanks

Ideally, the splitter should go between your TV's and the power supply ("out to TV" port). If you find it necessary to split between the pre-amp and the power supply, you need a "DC block" for the leg that goes to the TV without the power supply connection.

Thanks for the advice. Two more quick questions.

A DC Block is just a small adapter that I would put in between the two way splitter and the TV without the power inserter?

Also, I was talking to a guy at the place that sold me the Channel Master things and he said if I wanted an amplified signal on both tv's I would have to have two Channel Master 7777 to amp both cables coming from the antenna. Is that true?

Thanks, because I am clueless about this.

For two TV's you just add a splitter at TV1 and send the signal to TV2.

The splitter gives 1/2 of the signal to each leg out and the power injecter must be between the splitter and the pre-amp.

Antenna -> 7777 -> long wire into the house -> amp -> Splitter --> TV(s)

or if you have a long run or many TVs you can use a distribution amp (basically an amplified splitter) as well.

Antenna -> 7777 -> long with into the house -> 7777amp -> distributionAMP --> TV(s)

Another benefit of the 7777 is that it can join a UHF and VHF antenna (has a switch to allow this mode) into one wire.

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)