Channel Master 84E / 118.7 FSS Mod.

hersch1152

Original poster
Jun 24, 2006
Hello, Has any one used this 118.7 dish pro lnb with CM 84E dish, which is 40x30. This lnb (118.7&119)was used in superdish repointing kit. It can be mounted directly on the feed bar which is 21" long end to end. I got lot of info about this antenna through this site, but did not see this combination. I want to use only this lnb, so dish skewing is not important.

Thanks.

I would think as long as the lnb is located at the focal point of the reflector it should work fine, a dish is a dish is a dish.

yeah you should be fine. Since the 118/119 LNB is essence the same orbital slot (yeah I know its .3 degrees apart) it should work fine. I've slapped both DBS & KU LNB's on a 84e dish and it worked fine

Thank you guys, Since this lnb (118.7) is an odd size. would n't dish's focal point comes in effect? any suggestions?

Thank you guys, Since this lnb (118.7) is an odd size. would n't dish's focal point comes in effect? any suggestions?

No, dish's focal point has no bearing on this. Simply place the 118.7 lnb at the focal point that the original Channel Master lnb was at. You may have to move it slightly in or out for the best location.

The only time a focal point would be in effect would be if you tried to put 2 LNB's on it. The spacing between them is different than if on a D500+ (or 1000+)

My set up is 1000.4 EA and dish pro 118.7 fss. All I am trying to get best from CM 84E,

Dish1000-4-1.jpgDish1000+_LNBF.jpg

oh ok.
Yeah the 118.7 LNB would be fine then. When you locate 118 then hook the cable from 1F over to the input on the 1000.4 LNB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts