Channel Master Editor for Dreambox/AZBox?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
Has anyone attempted to use (with success) the Channel Master editor with either of these boxes or with any other Linux based STB's?

I am curious as I am looking for an editor program for my AZBox Premium. The ones that I have found so far seem to only be able to upload and download the data, or possibly view it, but when I attempt to edit anything, the program crashes and closes.

The Channel Master editor is supposed to support Dreambox STB's and some have reported to me that the DCC (DreamBox Control Center application) will work somewhat with the AZBOx. Since this infers that there is some compatibility between the Dreambox and the AZBox STB's, I am wondering if Channel Master could be doctored to use it with the AZBox.

I tried a few attempts to access the AZBox with CM today, but no luck for me thus far. Wondering if anyone might have had positive results.

RADAR

I am curious as I am looking for an editor program for my AZBox Premium. The ones that I have found so far seem to only be able to upload and download the data, or possibly view it, but when I attempt to edit anything, the program crashes and closes.

RADAR

I've found Maz2.1 quite good with my Azbox elite. I am able pull the channel list from the box with Maz, delete satellites and channels, and send the edited list back to the box. Occasionally Maz reports an error but it seems to ignore it and finishes its tasks. It no longer crashes like it did with earlier versions. I'm hoping the author stays with its development. I agree about Channelmaster though, I am spoiled by it with my other boxes. Hopefully someone will chime in with the solution for the Azbox and Channelmaster.:cool:

Maz 2.2

I've found Maz2.1 quite good with my Azbox elite. :cool:

I had corruption problems with Maz 2.1.

When I opened it today, Maz updated to 2.2 :up

Seems more stable this time. So far no dropping channels or shuffling of freq, USALS, positions, etc.

It still has the 'list index out of bounds(0)' error when you delete the last item in a list.

-> As a precaution, I recommend users go to the FTP part of the app and download the 'DISK2' folder. It contains sat list etc, that can be backed up if necessary.

Added Link Maz 2.2 - http://www.azboxhd.es/foro/downloads.php?do=file&id=65&act=down

Last edited:
I had corruption problems with Maz 2.1.

Seems more stable this time. So far no dropping channels or shuffling of freq, USALS, positions, etc.

No corruption problems here and as far as dropping channels, losing positions, etc, I only experienced that with versions earlier than 2.1. I'll give Maz2.2 a go and see how that works.

Radar, it's beginning to look like no one has had any luck with Channelmaster and the Azbox.:(:(

No corruption problems here and as far as dropping channels, losing positions, etc, I only experienced that with versions earlier than 2.1. I'll give Maz2.2 a go and see how that works.

Radar, it's beginning to look like no one has had any luck with Channelmaster and the Azbox.:(:(

Starman,

I sent a request to SharpC regarding this issue. SharpC is, for those who are following and are unaware, the direct single person who is responsible for the creation and upgrading of the Channel Master editing program.

Anyhow, I posted a request on the forum for Channel Master to upgrade that program so that it may be directly compatible with the AZBox family of receivers.

If all you other AZBox owners would kindly suggest this or put a bug in SharpC's ear, it would help. I know that SharpC can do an excellent job at programming an editor for the AZBox, but I am sure that there needs to be a good indication of demand from the public before he would begin to compile new programming to support a new receiver.

So, the more requests we make, the more viable it may appear to SharpC and the more likely that we will get an editor solely for the AZBOx itself.

If anyone has the time and opportunity, please send SharpC a request for this. I have already done so myself. hOPEFULLY A FEW OTHERS WILL JOIN IN.

Thanks everyone.

RADAR

Well Maz 2.2 has the same problems. Actually I think it's in the box itself. DiSEqC locations shuffle. I thought it was Maz, but then I re-did my channel list totally within the box, with the remote. The problem occurs when I used 'move' in my favorites. You have to reboot for this to organize, then the DiSEqC are off by one or two positions. The only way to set them right is to delete them all and redo the locations. This problem can also be duplicated by using 'resetting' on the DiSEqC menu. They all shuffle. And reloading your list from the USB does nothing to restore the settings. Apparently DiSEqC locations are not stored in all_channels.dat.

Radar, you beat me to it. I repeated your request for Channel Master support at SharpC's forum.

Last edited:
I've found Maz2.1 quite good with my Azbox elite. I am able pull the channel list from the box with Maz, delete satellites and channels, and send the edited list back to the box. Occasionally Maz reports an error but it seems to ignore it and finishes its tasks.

Is there a users manual or documentation for Maz2.2? I tried deleting satellites, but was unsuccessful. I'd like to delete all of the European and Asian satellites from the list.

Is there a users manual or documentation for Maz2.2? I tried deleting satellites, but was unsuccessful. I'd like to delete all of the European and Asian satellites from the list.

VC2,

I wanted to do this also. I just used the remote at the time. Cumbersome and lengthy, but it got the job done. I think with the new MazEdit 2.2 and upgraded firmware that you can do this with the editor now.

RADAR

CM doesnt upload/download correctly with dreambox, but it can import/export ok. CM doesnt support the new lamdb format that enigma2 recievers use though, so its only compatible with enigma1 receivers.

Thanks Starman and Putney! Obviously and hopefully, the more requests that SharpC receives, the better our chances are for convincing him into providing this avenue for us.

RADAR

If he's interested, What the SharpC guy needs is a sample unit to test with.

Besides that, what's in it for him? Ad revenue, I guess...

AZBoxEdit

I found another channel editor for the AZBox called AZBoxEdit v.9.2880a by telesat. This editor allows you to import downloadable transponder frequency lists.

The default AZBox satellite transponder frequency list is out of date and not very accurate.

I've been generating my own lists from satellites.xml generator. This site will generate an up to date customized list in XML format. The resulting list can be imported into AZBoxEdit and uploaded to the AZBox. The data base is supposed to be updated on a daily basis.

Once the list is loaded, just do a normal satellite scan. The number of channels that I receive using satellites-xml frequency lists has doubled relative to the AZBox default frequency list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)