Channel Master?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
I have seen Channel Master mentioned a few times, is this some software that allows you to setup your channels via a pc? That would be so much faster! Where does one find this software?

Larry,

Channel Master is a very good tool... not only can you organize your channels, but you can easily get rid of those one-time-only feeds you scanned in a month ago, or change the name from TV1 to something meaningful. If you need to add a satellite to your system, it's also much easier with Channel Master.

It is helpful to have your PC near your receiver. I leave mine connected all the time, you never know when you might want to do some channel-shuffling!

And if you run into problems with your receiver, you can save the channel list in your computer, do a factory reset of the receiver, then load the channel list back to the receiver.

So, just curious, as I have not downloading anyhting yet, is there specific versions for each receiver? ie, Fortec Lifetime, etc?

no. Same will work for all

You will need the loader for the Fortec. Upload the channels with the Fortec loader then open it in CM..

let me find the file :)

Ice, would it be possible to put the link to Channel Master in the tip forum for easy access?

sadly thats what some of the components of channel master is designed for (like the "convert from Dish Pro"

but you can still use it just fine for FTA :D

One thing I discovered while using CM with my CS5000: It doesn't retain channel number assignments. It seems like the CS needs to have all channels in complete sequential order starting at 1. I sppent a lot of time renumbering channels based on satellite, which a different 1st digit for each one. 1xx for AMC5, 2xx for AMC3, etc. None of that took when I uploaded back to the box. :mad:

OTOH, it makes renaming favorites, channels, and sats a breeze. And, adding/deleting sats and TP's is easy too! Deleting channels is cake. Assigning to favorites is so easy too.

Plus, you can set all of your DD/AC3 channels to default to DD/AC3 as the primary audio track. (On a CS5000 it defaults to stereo, and you have to manually choose DD/AC3 on each channel, each time. Stupid sw design.)

There is an option to say "fill in the blank channel numbers" but the drawback is it shows "no channel" then in the list

see attachments below

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 128
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 143
  • untitled3.JPG
    untitled3.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 148
Thanks! I wasn't sure what that option was for. I'm still unclear on how to use it. Does it create blank channels to fill in the channel number gaps? IOW, if I start my actual channels at 101, does it create blank channels for 1-100? Can they be set in bulk to "skip", so that I do not have to deal with them when using channel up/down on the remote? (I'd hate to have to set each one individually.)

GaryPen said:
Thanks! I wasn't sure what that option was for. I'm still unclear on how to use it. Does it create blank channels to fill in the channel number gaps?
yes it puts "no channel" in the gaps. As the example I posted, I put the free stuff on 148 at channel 300 and used the "fill in" for the rest between 200-300

IOW, if I start my actual channels at 101, does it create blank channels for 1-100?
yes
Can they be set in bulk to "skip", so that I do not have to deal with them when using channel up/down on the remote? (I'd hate to have to set each one individually.)
I honestly don't know. never tried it

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)