channel modulator and splitter question.

solarvic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2019
Hadley, pa.
I do not use tuner on my samsung tv as I use other devices for antenna tv that outputs to hdmi. I would like to connect a vcr with its built in channel 3/4 modulator. Also have a channel 3/4 modulator. Can you use vcr modulator on channel 3 and the other modulator on channel 4 thru a splitter to antenna tv tuner?

Most 1:2 Splitters will work in reverse to combine 2 inputs into a single output. Active splitters won't work in reverse, but the $2.49 passive version will work.

Depending on the quality of the modulators and the TV tuner you may have some trouble with the channels being adjacent. If they aren't going to be used at the same time, you should be OK but you may want to consider an AB switch.

I have both. . Was planning of using the ab switch so I might be able to make 4 imputs. I might just do the ab switch splitter combination with an antenna conection for an experiment.

I have both. . Was planning of using the ab switch so I might be able to make 4 imputs. I might just do the ab switch splitter combination with an antenna conection for an experiment.
RF is surely not the technology you want to be using if you have a choice. You can get other kinds of switches that will allow you to conveniently introduce more line level signals into your TV.

Amazon and others offer 4-way composite switches for under $13 and the 8-way models can be had for under $20. S-VHS switches are more.

The motivation for staying away from RF is that each time you use it, the signal is being converted at least twice before you see it on the screen and each conversion necessarily does significant damage to the quality.

99 times out of 100, it is better to tell us specifically what you're trying to accomplish from source (i.e. Betamax videotape) to screen (i.e. HDTV) rather than starting somewhere down a path.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)