Channel Problems - HR20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jwt0001

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 16, 2005
This morning I had problems with some channels on my newly installed HR20. When I tried to go to CNN, I received the 721 error and the channel came in and out, but never locked. I ran into the same problems with other channels (don't have specifics at this point).

I was able to get CNN with no problem on my non-HD receivers.

Any thoughts?

This morning I had problems with some channels on my newly installed HR20. When I tried to go to CNN, I received the 721 error and the channel came in and out, but never locked. I ran into the same problems with other channels (don't have specifics at this point).

I was able to get CNN with no problem on my non-HD receivers.

Any thoughts?

Have you tried a red button reset?

I did that and now the channel is back, although it's not coming in very well, along with a number of other channels. It only seems to be the HD-DVR. My other receivers are working fine.

You say the unit is newly installed, it might be that you do not have the latest firmware, post what version you have here, I don't have a HR20, I have a D10, but the menu should be the similar (if not, someone please correct me).

On remote: Menu->Select 'Settings'->Select 'Setup'->Select 'Info & Test', it will say on the center (left) pane.

It will read (for example, remember this is for my D10, yours will differ):

Original Ver: 0x1027
Past Upgrade: 0x1040, some date, some time

You can then go here: http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=110

And see what you should be at, if you do not have the latest, let us know, in fact let us know either way.

Unfortunately, I'm at the latest version (0x11b). CNN is definitely still unwatchable tonight as are some other stations (TBS on Channel 247, for example).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts