Channel scanning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tracker1998

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 6, 2008
Ok, been scanning channels for a couple of days and have a couple of questions if someone could shed some light on these questions for me. We have a "List". Scan the TP's on the list with a clean receiver. Some TP's hit the receiver better if it's just off a little. Ex. 74W 11733 on the list, 11734 better? Sat Xmit is off a little to the other TP? Receiver bars like 11734 better. Go for 11734?
The purpose of the list is??? We have blind scan that seems to catch more channels. Is the list there to tell us that even if more channels can be had, they are not ON or free. Even when I select FREE to blind scan I get channels that are pay. I would think that they happen to be in that TP right? This is where I read where people talk of cleaning up!
Just would like confirmation of my findings as I'm new to this or correction.
One thing that I can't figure out is, , Why do quite a few channels have video but no audio and a couple with audio (in TV mode) but no video, or audio from something over different video? One EX. 123W Galaxy 10, 12114,V,4340. Retro Jams. No Audio, good solid picture. Willing to learn and understand with some help. Thanks. (PS. Anole, watch what you ask for, you might not get what you expected! Like the Pics? The last one was for you! LOL). Tracker.

Ok, been scanning channels for a couple of days and have a couple of questions if someone could shed some light on these questions for me. We have a "List". Scan the TP's on the list with a clean receiver. Some TP's hit the receiver better if it's just off a little. Ex. 74W 11733 on the list, 11734 better? Sat Xmit is off a little to the other TP? Receiver bars like 11734 better. Go for 11734?
each LNB is different and the frequency can be off by 1 or 2 especially when blind scanning
The purpose of the list is??? We have blind scan that seems to catch more channels.
correct. There are lots of "feeds" that pop up for 10 minutes (news feeds as example). Blind scan finds those.

Is the list there to tell us that even if more channels can be had, they are not ON or free. Even when I select FREE to blind scan I get channels that are pay. I would think that they happen to be in that TP right? This is where I read where people talk of cleaning up!
if you say free, any channel that shows $ will not log. I'm wondering if you are hitting a HD feed or 4:2:2 feed. They make the screen "look scrambled" but its because the box can't process it.

Just would like confirmation of my findings as I'm new to this or correction.
One thing that I can't figure out is, , Why do quite a few channels have video but no audio and a couple with audio (in TV mode) but no video, or audio from something over different video? One EX. 123W Galaxy 10, 12114,V,4340. Retro Jams. No Audio, good solid picture. Willing to learn and understand with some help. Thanks. (PS. Anole, watch what you ask for, you might not get what you expected! Like the Pics? The last one was for you! LOL). Tracker.
Retro Jams uses AC-3 audio so you need an external audio decoder to hear the audio. On G10 there are 2 Spanish stations that are like that too.
PBS On AMC3 is the same way

Thanks Iceberg. Using CoolSat 5000 Premium. Blind scan Mode, SR"full", Pol "All", Mode "Free".
$ channels
79W, NYN4,5,6,7,8,9.
93W Wright Patterson 1,2,3,4,5,6,
Many on 97W, 101.0W,105W,113W,123 and so on. Scan setting not right?
No audio 87W TV12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19. not to worried about these.
I know you are using a 5000. Is there something in my scan setting that is not right? Thanks.

weird

if you set it for free it should exempt the $ ones...everything else is set right

The TV12-19 are PBS and are AC-3

The settings are right

I will do a factory reset on my machine tomorrow and start over. Which Bin are you using? Would you mind posting it here and see if I get the same results as you after I load it? Will report back. Thanks Iceberg.

You know, now that I think of it. I used the list first and manually scanned all the TP's on the list and saved it to CM. THEN I blind scanned using the Free option keeping those on the machine to see if I could add TP's. That's what it must be. Will clean the slate tomorrow and start over. Thanks Iceberg. Tracker

That's what it was. They came in when I manually scanned each TP on "the list". Is there a way to get the EPG to work on my CoolSat 5000 on any linear bird. I searched for a couple of hours in using the search function here and could not find any info. Thanks.

Very few (if any) channels outside of direct-to-home services such as Dish Network have an EPG guide. Most of the channels we are receiving FTA are not meant for home users, but rather for commercial or broadcast recipients, who have no use for a guide.

Tron, Thank You for confirming what I thought the answer would be. In the past I found different kinds of TV guides on the net. On this rainy day I will search some out. Next project will be figure out how to find these "wild feeds" you all talk about (when they are present of course), and start working with the switches. Thank again. Tracker.

Titan TV is a great site to track the offerings on the G-10R Equity channels. It takes a bit of searching, but you can set up a custom list for many FTA channels there :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)