Channel switching slower?

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
Is it my imagination, or is channel to channel switch time slower with the new box software that was loaded a couple of weeks ago?

You are right, any kind of movement has slowed. I need to know if the newer boxes like Samsung have the same problem. I always had a external hard drive but now it can't be used? I am in the Daytona area if that makes any difference.
Not happy with all the new changes!

BHN, why do you do this? Don't you test for such things before allowing a release?

Or is it that 'more features' trumps responsiveness every time?

And this page accesses script from 14 different sites.

Last edited:
BHN, why do you do this? Don't you test for such things before allowing a release?

Or is it that 'more features' trumps responsiveness every time?

And this page accesses script from 14 different sites.

Sat guys has always been flooded with ads and scripts from all over, the owner certainly cares more about having more revenue then the users experience.. Try visiting this site without being logged in. Its near impossible. Highly recommend Google Chrome with Ad-Block.. Its the only way this site is bearable. Even on broadband.

As far as channels being slower, cant say I really notice? I have the samsung whole home dvr.. dvrs have always been slower in comparison to other boxes (simply because it starts recording the channel when you change it etc) so I maybe just accustomed to it. I also dont usually surf a lot though I use the guide. The days of flipping through channels is out dated.

Any answer on why a external hard drive no longer works?

Now that would annoy me no end. And you know it was the software update the did it. I suggest you find a way to get your complaint into BHN at some level where it MIGHT make a difference. However, I do not know how to do that. No company makes it easy to get through to the right people any more.

Channel switching does seem slower but I can't swear to it. They have added a new menu screen to the info button which I find annoying. I suppose it can be turned off, but I never looked. They erased hundreds of hours from my 1T external drive tho, and that ticked me off. Especially after all the research I did to find a drive that worked with my DVR.
Now I have a new problem. I just found Fearnet (393) about the time of the upheaval (software update). Nothing I've set up to record has worked. The recording stops about half way into a movie. I taped Invasion at 2 am the other day and only got 65 minutes.

Jimvee BHN Brevard County/Orlando

I agree that the channel switching is slower, I have the samsung dvr's throughout and there ALL slower. I feel like its slower with everything though, not just channel changing.

Just so you know I'm tracking all of your feedback on this. If you don't mind I will probably be reaching out to you individually for additional information.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)