Status
Please reply by conversation.

Grandpa J

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 24, 2004
Camarillo, CA
Is there a listing of which channels are on each satellite transponders.

It can not seem to locate the reference or tread

Thanks

Any particular channels you are interested in, or every channel on every satellite they have? Remember they can move channels around or transponders at will and they do move them a bit. So what you see today, may not hold tomorrow. Anyhow, the receiver will always "find them" and map then to the correct receiver channel, so I am just trying to see what the need is really.

EDIT: OK, I am too slow and that works much better. Still would like to know what the need to know the actual transmitting transponders does though.

How many changes happen each day ? I see sport events so far.
BTW, what processes and equipment they use for provide the mapping info ?

How many changes happen each day ? I see sport events so far.
BTW, what processes and equipment they use for provide the mapping info ?

I don't know. About a year or two ago, I mentioned in a thread over there that their transponder map hadn't been updated in a couple of years, and a few weeks later, they changed over to the new system that they have now, which updates daily at 1:00 AM, but only lists the 26 CONUS transponders on 101.

Prior to that, member Richard K used to furnish a 101 map every few months by taking screen shots of his old RCA receiver's test feature that produced it, but I think RCA took that feature out of its test software (maybe model 480?) with one of its involuntary software "upgrades".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)