Channel Unrequest - The Weather Channel

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
As a request, once the contract comes up for the channel that has become a shell of what it used to be, and apparently will become a shell of even that... don't renew the channel! I don't want to pay more, the same, or less for a channel that might as well become TWC and cut out the Weather. I'm tired of not seeing weather on The Weather Channel. Plenty of niche channels have lost their vision, but TWC is getting so bad and I don't want this channel to be renewed.

I NEVER watch the weather channel any more. They never have weather anymore. Its either some stupid storm story, or something else nobody wants to see.

If it went away I wouild not miss it at all.

As a request, once the contract comes up for the channel that has become a shell of what it used to be, and apparently will become a shell of even that... don't renew the channel! I don't want to pay more, the same, or less for a channel that might as well become TWC and cut out the Weather. I'm tired of not seeing weather on The Weather Channel. Plenty of niche channels have lost their vision, but TWC is getting so bad and I don't want this channel to be renewed.
Can't fault you, but as long as their bills are getting paid, (Thank you Al Roker) they're not going away.

Exactly Kab,and even further,NBC Universal has controlling interest in TWC.That means bundling when its time for contract renewal.You want MSNBC,CNBC,or possibly SyFy?Then you have to take TWC.

Yespage said:
I'm tired of not seeing weather on The Weather Channel. Plenty of niche channels have lost their vision, but TWC is getting so bad and I don't want this channel to be renewed.

Not sure what you are complaining about.... they have been on non-stop with weather since Nemo began. And right now, they are on with weather post-Nemo.

They were better prior to being bought by NBC but during the recent storms, they have been OK, IMO.

Not sure what you are complaining about.... they have been on non-stop with weather since Nemo began. And right now, they are on with weather post-Nemo.

They were better prior to being bought by NBC but during the recent storms, they have been OK, IMO.
Don't get me started on this Nemo nonsense...who should we brow-beat for that?

Not sure what you are complaining about.... they have been on non-stop with weather since Nemo began.
Non-stop? You mean that every eight minutes, they would have about two or three minutes of storm 'coverage', then commercials (including self-promoting their new original series that aren't weather related!), then 'locals'.

TWC is decent in big events. But when it comes to just normal weather coverage, it is terrible!

I would at least like to see the local-on-the-8s 24/7 feeds for your region that they "promised" a couple years ago during the channel dispute. That and WeatherNation.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Exactly Kab,and even further,NBC Universal has controlling interest in TWC.That means bundling when its time for contract renewal.You want MSNBC,CNBC,or possibly SyFy?Then you have to take TWC.

I don't want MSNBC or CNBC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do some people have the hardest time keeping politics out of things?!

Good thread Yespage. I agree, unrequest the channel that implies it is about the Weather...... but rarely is. It may have been rough around the edges, but I liked the channel Dish had for ten seconds that replaced TWC.

I don't want MSNBC or CNBC.

Neither do I but,NBCUniversal slash Comcast slash GE,own several channels that include TWC.You just know when they come to the table with sat and cable cos. they say its a bundle or (package) deal.They also own others like Bravo,SyFy,and USA.