channels 550-552

Jim S.

When someone asks you if you're a god, you say yes
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
FN11od
Should I assume that these are going to be by subscription only, since the graphic on them says "season pass"?

Should I assume that these are going to be by subscription only, since the graphic on them says "season pass"?

If it's anything like what they did for the 2008 Olympics, they'll be free. On my old cable company, at least, NBC turned on the three temp channels to carry some of the less popular events for free over the course of the games. They weren't 24/7 channels, but they did have some good supplementary material.

So I go to check these channels out (have my guide on HD only) and can not find them.

Switch guide to "all channels" and these are in SD? :rant:

Are they going to be SD only channels for the Olympics?

If so I guess I'll be watching the other NBC programming that is in HD.

The one you get when you tune to them.

550 [0n 110], 551 [on 119], and 552 [on 119] are Olympics 1, 2 and 3 - all SD.

Pre-Olympics, along with NBC's, or is that Comcast's, coverage starts on Saturday and they will probably go live sometime before then.

EDIT: These have been live since the new HD went up this afternoon. Dish "Season ticket" logo and music - not intermittent.

Last edited:
Well there seems to be normal programming them now. So I don't know why the stupid "season ticket" graphic. Unless they're going to pull a stunt like someone, maybe it was the cable company, did a while ago, and let us have the channels for a few days and then charge us for the reason of the season.

So then they're pretty much wasting space?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts