Channels Freezing?

Smitty7831

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 13, 2007
Willowick, OH
Has any one else had an issue with channels freezing? I guess that is the only way that I can explain it. My wife was watching the holiday marathons on TLC and Discovery and the video would freeze for a few seconds but the audio would keep going. It did it several times, so I switched over to the SD feed and never had a problem.

Issue with Dish, my equipment, or the feed coming from TLC? I haven't had any other issues with signals coming from 129.

Any thoughts?

I have been having the same problem to. It happens when I am watching Discovery HD channels. Have not noticed it on any other channels. I am on the 61.5 sat. with 2 VIp622's

No interesting weather. Sunny here yesterday and had the same problem. Cloud cover today and it just did it a moment ago watching MythBusters.

I have no experience with how bad the 129 sat is, but the problems as described are happening on the 61.5 sat also as of the past 2 weeks, so it's not the sat.

I have no experience with how bad the 129 sat is, but the problems as described are happening on the 61.5 sat also as of the past 2 weeks, so it's not the sat.
Same here. Its either Dish's uplink or the source link. All you can do is report it as others have done. Damn frustrating. :(

I've had the display freeze with sound on playback/delayed two or three times but didn't record the channel.
My solution was to power off the 722 but didn't want to reboot as I was recording. Usually recovers.
I think the likelihood of this and some other problems increase when you do more things like 2 or 3 recordings and copying to/from EHD while watching something else. I had not seen this until recently. Software has been at L614 for some time.
-Ken

My conclusion is that it has nothing to do with our equipment, how we use it (recording or not), which sat (129 or 61.5), or our signal strength. Changing the channel (then back) or rebooting does not fix this either. It's clearly a problem on their end. But it's so intermittent that they won't even acknowledge it, or attempt to fix it.

I have some old eps of stuff from History channel and I noticed it on there as well (from about 4 weeks back). Perhaps Smitty and I can send our wives to some special place for them to watch "This Fell Down" and "Who gives a crap about the economy, drop $3k on a blouse"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)