Channels I get not showing channels I really do get?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keekz804

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Earth
Does anybody know why if I switch my guide to "Channels I get" it'll exclude some channels that I really do get? There's one called MAVTV 214 that looks like MMA mixed with low budget backyard wrestling lmao. Anyway, for example when I select "All Channels" I'm able to get this channel but when selecting channels I get it doesn't show in my guide. Is there any other channels I might be missing out on that I'm not able to see on my guide?

It's weird because I previously had been using a custom guide where I went and selected each and every channel I got...it was just brought to my attention during this free HBO/Cinnemax preview because I was messing around with the guide options. I'm guessing this was a recent channel addition maybe and that's why it's not in my custom guide list? Im not all that interested in this channel but wondering if there's any others I missed?

Last edited:
I've had happen before when activating new receivers a couple times over the years, and it tends to take a little bit of CSR roulette to fix... D* has to do some sort of re-auth on their side then you reboot the receiver and the problem gets fixed. I remember it has taken a little bit of work since a number of reps tell you to just reset the receiver--that won't fix it. They do have to do something on their side.

N

The channles I get option hasn't worked correctly in a very long time.

Yea my mother has Directv and she has problems with her guide all the time. I have Dish and love their guide and when you dont get a channel it shows up RED.In my opinion Dish's guide blows Directv's away.

Yea my mother has Directv and she has problems with her guide all the time. I have Dish and love their guide and when you dont get a channel it shows up RED.In my opinion Dish's guide blows Directv's away.

doesnt dish still hide channels from the guide when you dont subscribe to them (so you dont even know they exist)?

doesnt dish still hide channels from the guide when you dont subscribe to them (so you dont even know they exist)?
I'm not sure that's ever been the case. The current default is "My Channels" and in that, you wouldn't see what you don't subscribe to, but there's always been an "All Channels" version of the guide. This is true of the 50x series as well as the ViP series (that adds up to four custom lists and an All HD list of subscribed channels).

DIRECTV's CIG, as Chip suggests, has never really worked right since introduction six or seven years ago. The usual problem was that it would show channels that you weren't subscribed to. I'm not sure this new phenomenon is an extension of the long-running problem.

The importance of an accurate CIG lies in DVRs trying to schedule recordings on channels you don't subscribe to.

DIRECTV's CIG, as Chip suggests, has never really worked right since introduction six or seven years ago. The usual problem was that it would show channels that you weren't subscribed to. I'm not sure this new phenomenon is an extension of the long-running problem.

The importance of an accurate CIG lies in DVRs trying to schedule recordings on channels you don't subscribe to.

Yeah, Dish has had CIG since the very beginning, and it seems to work great... It looks like you even have the ability to order premium channels and larger bases packages with your remote?

D's still is pretty buggy... my issues with this usually pop up with premium channels and "attachables" like DNS--it will sometimes show only half of the available package etc.

As mentioned, this sucks with D* DVRs--one of the reasons I love my THR-22 (Tivo) and was one of my gripes that STILL hasn't been fixed on D's software that Tivos have had forever: There is no way to mark a channel as received or not, regardless if you actually receive it... some channels I just don't want to receive, and I'd prefer to have my receiver pretend they don't exist. On the Tivos you have a checkbox for every channel -- the D* boxes have the channels you receive list, but there is no way to check or uncheck the boxes to make the receiver add or forget a channel for recording purposes.

This has never really worked for me. I have my custom channel list anyway so I don't have to scroll through the PPV/Shopping/Church nonsense.

Only on some channels...eg: you only see the RSN's that come as part of your (basic) pkg
Some of the Spanish channels are hidden, until you take a spanish tier

I can't answer about all the international channels - since I do not have an international dish...

This has never really worked for me. I have my custom channel list anyway so I don't have to scroll through the PPV/Shopping/Church nonsense.
I did do this but like I said this channel either was never there back then or it is a channel I'm now getting for whatever reason? Perhaps it is a new recent channel addition?

Im wondering what other channels I might have missed that I now get. I guess I'll have to run through everything all over again. Argh no fun.

Yes they still hide the ones that you dont subscribe to. The thing I like is you can hit ALL Available--ON GUIDE it shows you all the channels you dont subscribe to in RED.This way you can see if theres any more channels that you might want to subscribe to. Good feature from Dish. I have mine set to MY CHANNELS so only subscribed channels will show up. But again its always good to take a peek everynow and again and see if somethings new to subscribe to.

DIRECTV's guide has random channels highlighted that I do not get also, although the guide may just be confused by my old package.

How about this: NBC Sports. I'm not subscribed, but when I have show duplicates on, I'm getting the standard channel in a trial or something (HD directs me to add this channel).
Neither are highlighted as channels I get

DIRECTV's guide has random channels highlighted that I do not get also, although the guide may just be confused by my old package.

How about this: NBC Sports. I'm not subscribed, but when I have show duplicates on, I'm getting the standard channel in a trial or something (HD directs me to add this channel).
What channel is the NBC SD you're getting on? It's odd as I'm getting NBATV HD ever since I had NBALP last year. I have cancelled it and called another time to verify it was was cancelled and not auto renewed yet I still get it.

Edit: What the hell I just checked its NBCS SD 220 and I'm getting it? I think I'll set my guide to "all channels" while using my custom HD only list with the addition of this channel. As I was saying before now I really wonder what else I might be getting that I'm not aware of?! :eek::D

Last edited:
If you are going by Directv's website to determine which channels you should be getting, you might be getting some wrong information. Sorry to say, it's not always accurate.

I used to have 2 Starz channels in SD only on TWC. The HD version said I had to pay, but the SD versions were clear. A buddy who has TWC gets 2 channels not in his package in SD, but not HD. Count your blessings!

same here
220 (SD) works fine
220 (HD) says not subscribed

I am on a MDU plan (basically its Choice) as I live in an apartment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts