Channels I get

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not for me on my HR20. I just set up a favorite list.

Thanks JD,
I was about to set up a custom list and thought that maybe the "Channels I get " was working now, I knew it wasn't before ....
I suppose if I try it, the most that can happen is it will at least TRY.
I too have a HR20, -700

Jimbo

Even when the channels you get list is properly populated based on your subscription, you'll still want to set up a custom guide to eliminate those channels that you may never watch. Like the shopping ones.:)

Well,
I tried it and got mixed reviews, most of it , is correct, however some are marked that I don't get as well.
It's kinda hit and miss, of course you still have to edit the channels you don't want on your guide ect.

I know I no longer get HBO and that is NOT listed, but it shows like 1 SHO and 1 TMC for some reason, I don't think these are on.
It shows I get all the pron channels and I don't, I guess it couild be looking at potential channels and counting them, but if that was the case, ALL the movie channels would be on the list too.

Back to the Custom list :)

Jimbo

Even when the channels you get list is properly populated based on your subscription, you'll still want to set up a custom guide to eliminate those channels that you may never watch. Like the shopping ones.:)
At least with the old Tivo models (can't speak for other D* receivers), you could actually edit the 'channels I receive'. That way, you could remove channels that you technically did receive but never watched, so they never showed up even if you weren't using a favorites list. Even though they're getting closer to actually populating the list correctly, I preferred the ability to edit myself as well. (no, I'm not trying to turn this into a Tivo vs D* receiver discussion - just stating a fact :D)

At least with the old Tivo models (can't speak for other D* receivers), you could actually edit the 'channels I receive'. That way, you could remove channels that you technically did receive but never watched, so they never showed up even if you weren't using a favorites list. Even though they're getting closer to actually populating the list correctly, I preferred the ability to edit myself as well. (no, I'm not trying to turn this into a Tivo vs D* receiver discussion - just stating a fact :D)

Well I did that anyways with my Custom list, basically the same thing you mentioned.
You can add all and remove all either way and edit from there. (thats the Custom list I'm talking about ).

Jimbo

The channels-i-get is much improved over about six months ago, where you "get" every channel they carry.

It is still not perfect, but a lot better. Most users will be best off with a favorites list or two.

The exception is free previews. If the channels I get is working correctly, the free preview channels should show up in your guide when they become viewable. They don't show up in a favorites; you have to add them in, then take them out after the free preview is over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts