Channels In the new TURBO HD pkgs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tinydoughboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Jacksonville, NC
It was requested in another thread I post this as a new thread......again I don't know if this has been posted before me...if so ...sorry!

Attachments

• New HD Package Tiers.doc
    47 KB · Views: 1,524
Where are MGM, Smithsonian, WFN?

I rechecked the material and there is nothing on them. I would have to say they would be in the PlatinumHD package that you would get as a add-on to your Sd pkg. You would pay 20.00 a month extra like the dish ultimate. Maybe you can't get them in the TURBO???? I'll ask...

Top 100ABC FAMILY HD

abc_family_hd.jpg
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT HD

A-E_hd.gif
CARTOON HD

cartoonnetworkhd.jpg
CNBC HD

cnbchd.jpg
CNN HD

cnnhd.jpg
DISCOVERY HD

DiscHD.gif
DISNEY EAST HD

disneyhd.jpg
ESPN HD

ESPNHD.gif
ESPN2 HD

espn2hd_logo.gif
ESPNEWS HD

espnnewshd.jpg
FOOD NETWORK HD

FOODHD.gif
HD THEATER

DISCHD.gif
HDNET

HDNET.gif
HISTORY HD

historyhd.jpg
HOME & GARDEN TV HD

HGTV_HD.gif
MHD

mhd.gif
SCI-FI CHANNEL HD

SCIFIHD.gif
TBS HD

tbshd.jpg
THE LEARNING CHANNEL HD

tlchd.gif
THE WEATHER CHANNEL HD

weatherchannelhd.jpg
TNT HD

TNTHD.gif
TRAVEL CHANNEL

travelhd.gif
USA NETWORK HD

USAHD.gif
Top 200​
ANIMAL PLANET HD
AnimalHD.gif
BRAVO HD
bravohd.gif
NFL NETWORK HD
NFL_HD.gif
TOON DISNEY HD
toondisneyhd.jpg
WGN AMERICA HD
wgnamericahd.jpg

Top 250​
BIOGRAPHY HD
biohd.jpg
GOLF/VS HD CHANNEL
golfvshd.jpg
HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL
hallmarkchannelhd.jpg
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL HD
NGCHD.gif
TENNIS CHANNEL
tennis.gif
THE SCIENCE CHANNEL HD
Science-HD.gif
Top 100ABC FAMILY HD

abc_family_hd.jpg
ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT HD

A-E_hd.gif
CARTOON HD

cartoonnetworkhd.jpg
CNBC HD

cnbchd.jpg
CNN HD

cnnhd.jpg
DISCOVERY HD

DiscHD.gif
DISNEY EAST HD

disneyhd.jpg
ESPN HD

ESPNHD.gif
ESPN2 HD

espn2hd_logo.gif
ESPNEWS HD

espnnewshd.jpg
FOOD NETWORK HD

FOODHD.gif
HD THEATER

DISCHD.gif
HDNET

HDNET.gif
HDNET MOVIES

HDNETM.gif
HISTORY HD

historyhd.jpg
HOME & GARDEN TV HD

HGTV_HD.gif
MGM HD

mgmhd.jpg
MHD

mhd.gif
NBA TV HD

nbatvhd.gif
NHL NETWORK HD

nhlnetworkhd.gif
SCI-FI CHANNEL HD

SCIFIHD.gif
SMITHSONIAN HD

smithsonian.gif
TBS HD

tbshd.jpg
THE LEARNING CHANNEL HD

tlchd.gif
THE WEATHER CHANNEL HD

weatherchannelhd.jpg
TNT HD

TNTHD.gif
TRAVEL CHANNEL

travelhd.gif
UNIVERSAL HD

univ_hd.gif
USA NETWORK HD

USAHD.gif
WORLD FISHING NETWORK HD

worldfishingnetworkhd.jpg
Top 200​
ANIMAL PLANET HD
AnimalHD.gif
BRAVO HD
bravohd.gif
NFL NETWORK HD
NFL_HD.gif
TOON DISNEY HD
toondisneyhd.jpg
WGN AMERICA HD
wgnamericahd.jpg

Top 250​
BIOGRAPHY HD
biohd.jpg
GOLF/VS HD CHANNEL
golfvshd.jpg
HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL
hallmarkchannelhd.jpg
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL HD
NGCHD.gif
TENNIS CHANNEL
tennis.gif
THE SCIENCE CHANNEL HD
Science-HD.gif

Good question. I bet it's a $10 add on.

My guess, too. I'm surprised HDnet is in there. I thought this would be part of the add on, given it has no SD equivalent. Looks like HDnet Movies is in the add on, though.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but does the Encore addition mean absolutes will get Encore as well?

My guess, too. I'm surprised HDnet is in there. I thought this would be part of the add on, given it has no SD equivalent. Looks like HDnet Movies is in the add on, though.

I mentioned it in the other thread, but does the Encore addition mean absolutes will get Encore as well?

no mention of it. I sent an email to our Dish rep that sends us the material I'll see what they say. Unless someone else knows.

Based on what I was just told: in order to get MGM, Smith, and WFN you have to subscribe to the 250 pkg with the HD add on, that it will not be included in the TurboHD pkgs. Take this for what it's worth......

no mention of it. I sent an email to our Dish rep that sends us the material I'll see what they say. Unless someone else knows.

Based on what I was just told: in order to get MGM, Smith, and WFN you have to subscribe to the 250 pkg with the HD add on, that it will not be included in the TurboHD pkgs. Take this for what it's worth......
Well I hate to say it, but that is absurd. What's the point in 3 HD packages if you have to get standard packages to get all the HD, unless I'm missing something.

They've lost their minds.

If I didn't already have a Dish subscription, I'd look at this and say screw this nonsense, I'm going with DirecTV.

Good question. I bet it's a $10 add on.

I thought it said as much in the press release.

Basically, the 7 channels now in "Ultimate" will continue to be a $10 add on.

No real surprises here except for the including of Encore in the Gold package...everyone kind of assumed it would only come with Starz.

HD Net and HD Theatre always have it in their contracts that they must be included in the cheapest HD package. In DirecTV's case, they actually claim that they are included in the Basic SD packages.

I'm not sure how MHD managed to get on that tier though. On DirecTV, it's in the Extra package. (Note...they are also included in the "HD Essentials", so again...no surprise.)

As already mentioned, no surprise hear except Encore E HD will come with Turbo HD Gold and AT250 w/HD Gold, since the SD Encore in AT250 is the West feed and the Starz pack has the SD Encore E. Given this info, I would not be surprised to see Encore E HD in the Starz pack too. If this is the case some one could get one of the HD Bronze or Silver packs and add the Starz pack and get Encore E HD without going to HD Gold. I believe it is pretty clear that HD Platnum will include the same extra HD channels channels that are currently in HD Ultimate, except that now it will be a $10 add on for any of the basic HD packages.
I believe many here have made these packages more complicated then they are, actually I believe when all the smoke clears, these will be simpler for new and existing subs alike to understand. The only thing I do not like about these is that the Turbo HD standalone packs will initially be available to new 1st time subs only, this is wrong and E* should change this policy.

They've lost their minds.

If I didn't already have a Dish subscription, I'd look at this and say screw this nonsense, I'm going with DirecTV.

If you're already a Dish sub, then it really doesn't make a difference how confusing they make it--you still can't get the packages.

I am getting service on the 29th, with the "free" home protection Plan.
I do not want that past the Free time, would that count in cancelling
my allHD, since I would be taking that off my account? Maybe I should just tell them I don't want that at all??

Or does that even matter?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)