Channels on DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Channels 581 and 582 are where Tivo downloads the showcase information. You don't need to call D* for them. Tivo will do it automatically late at night....

What brand/model Tivo do you have? Is it a DirecTV+Tivo receiver? If not, then I don't think there's anything on those channels for you to record. As James pointed out, they provide the Showcases and Previews for the DirecTivo receivers.

If you have a standalone Tivo then you get similar content via your Tivo's network or phone line connection.

Also during football season, if you have Sunday Ticket, they use the channels for
downloading NFL highlights to the Showcases menu of your Tivo.

I think one of those channels is used to broadcast STARZ On Demand.....581 I believe

yeah, those channels are used to send software updates to the dvrs, your dvr will usually go to one of those channels at like 2 or 3 in the morning to download showcases and other misc updates.

carlosvic said:
I think one of those channels is used to broadcast STARZ On Demand.....581 I believe

Actually, they were used for Starz on Demand... But that was discontinued by Starz on July 14th.

Digital Rain said:
I have the DSR 704 Phillips - it's Directv with TIVO --

DR - I have the same unit as you do, and yes, it will record on 581 if you set it up. I recorded "Over There" early this morning.

Normally,with the exception of something like the sneak preview recently for Over There,,it will record the showcases nightly automaticly with no intervention or setup.(New ones do not necessarily occure every night) However,you need to make sure those channels are set in your "channels you receive" settings. If they are not,it will not catch them.

Also in regards to NFL highlight showcases,I found out last season that those are not automatic to everyone. I had erased all my suggestions,and after that I did not get Highlights again until after I recorded another game,and the system saw it as a preference. (did not have NFL ticket). Chances are, just giving any NFL game a "thumbs up", without actually recording will probably do the same thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)