channels pixelating and my thinggy is buzzing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cubcake1

Original poster
Jun 2, 2006
I have new service, I get low signal from the sat (40's to 69). The fa-4t010 thing they plugged into the wall (for stronger signal strength?) makes an audible buzzing sound. Is this piece the reason for my degenerating signal?

The signal was good when the tech left and was good for 3 weeks or so, now it is to the point is it unwatchable.

any clues for a sat noob?

If I knew what an fa4-t010 was maybe I could help! I did an internet search and got nothing....
Are you sure this is the model number?

I took the model number off the device. The installer said it was a signal booster. It looks like a big power supply that plugs in to the wall, and it has cable that goes out to the dish. When it is unplugged there is zero signal.

Jimbos said:
damaged,
Why would he need a power adaptor in a house ?

Jimbo

He says it goes out to the dish, I am no expert, but, I'll go out on a ledge here, and say it sounds like it could be a powered multiswitch(?), or it goes to some OTA/signal amp, otherwise, I have no idea. :)

Last edited:
OK, so what type of dish do you have, how many receivers and which ones?

The FoxLink Model FA-4T010 is a 115VAC, 60Hz, 35W to 24VDC, 1amp converter. It is used to supply 24VDC to the Multi-Channel switch. There are new switches which do not require a power supply if you contact you service provider.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)