Channels skipping

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nshoreguy

Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
New Orleans area
Over the last two weeks, I have experienced this weird thing with my DTV service. What would happen is that for some odd reason, my local channels would be replaced by other channels or blacked out. This would last anywhere from 5-15 minutes then the local channels would come back as if nothing has happened. All of my receivers are the D10 model except one...that one is the most recent SD receiver. I have contacted DTV's technical support and they simply told me to turn to Ch. 232 for 30 seconds if it happens again. Well it has happened again and turning to 232 didn't help.

Anyone have a clue what's going on? Has it happened to any of yall? It's not just myself. I have a couple of friends who have experienced the same thing.

:welcome to Satelliteguys nshoreguy!

My best guess is that you have a defective lnb.

What's your zip code? And what dish and multiswitch do you have?

If this is happening on all the receivers it's almost certainly a faulty LNB.
You are in the New Orleans DMA and your SD locals come from the 119 satellite. The receiver tells the LNB at the dish that it wants the 119 satellite by putting a 22KHz tone on the line. If the LNB does not process the tone, the LNB will send the equivalent transponder slot from the 101 satellite. Sometimes that will be a real channel, sometimes not.
If this was happening on one receiver, almost certainly a cable/connector issue. If it's happening on all of them, it's the LNB.

If this is happening on all the receivers it's almost certainly a faulty LNB.
You are in the New Orleans DMA and your SD locals come from the 119 satellite. The receiver tells the LNB at the dish that it wants the 119 satellite by putting a 22KHz tone on the line. If the LNB does not process the tone, the LNB will send the equivalent transponder slot from the 101 satellite. Sometimes that will be a real channel, sometimes not.
If this was happening on one receiver, almost certainly a cable/connector issue. If it's happening on all of them, it's the LNB.

One other thought. You are not using any splitters, are you? Using a splitter on a cable to this type of dish will have the same effect as a faulty LNB, but it will only affect the two receivers connected via the splitter. No splitters allowed!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts