New 2014 DIRECTV Prices

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys has obtained the 2014 DIRECTV Pricing. NOTE THAT THIS PRICING HAS NOT BEEN VERIFIED BY DIRECTV. WE ARE WORKING ON GETTING THIS INFORMATION CONFIRMED. This information comes for multiple sources.

2014 base packages for DIRECTV are as followed:

Package NameNow PriceNew Price
Select$49.99
Entertainment$54.99$56.99
Choice$64.99$66.99
Xtra$70.99$73.99
Ultimate$77.99$81.99
Premier$124.99$129.99

EDIT: The Pricing is NOW confirmed....see attached file

Attachments

• 2014_Price_Increase.pdf
    76.4 KB · Views: 1,015
Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh! I am tired of this. I am seriously thinking of dropping Directv and just going with Amazon Prime, HULU, and Netflix.

The $4 and $5 for Ultra and Premiere really stings. If only they dropped a fee or 2 with these packages - would make them more competitive.

Don't see any equipment increases, that part is good.

I'll just get cable and their promo prices for a while, then become a new customer again.

i did that. had cable for a year. but every month i would get a letter from dtv wanting me back and willing to give me new customer treatment. i bit after a year away from them.

Just FYI, again I want to point out I have contacted DIRECTV for verification of these prices. As of yet I have not heard anything back. Not sure is their PR guys are on the East coast or West Coast. :)

Ugh! I am tired of this. I am seriously thinking of dropping Directv and just going with Amazon Prime, HULU, and Netflix.

Hulu, Netflix, Amazon, OTA and FTA here... it took a short period to get use to it but now I doubt I'd ever switch back. Absolutely love it and the cost is 20$ a month

i did that. had cable for a year. but every month i would get a letter from dtv wanting me back and willing to give me new customer treatment. i bit after a year away from them.

Yeah, I think cables deals run out after a year, so i will do the same, and come back to D*. It's a pain to do, but I'm not paying these crazy prices to watch T.V.

so a $2 increase if I didnt get the package included in my rent...and with no equipment increase my bill should stay the same

But honestly if I had to pay for the programming package I would have cancelled a while ago. Just getting too damn expensive

I just got the following statement from DIRECTV...

Hi Scott,

We have not publicly announced the details of the price increase but I should have more specifics to give to you next week.

Don't see any equipment increases, that part is good.
Hopefully it stays that way. Even so, I may have to downgrade from premier. $130/ month before equipment fees is too damn high. At least I still have the AAA discount for another 10 months plus 2nd year discount of $10 off to help subside the increase.

Hopefully it stays that way. Even so, I may have to downgrade from premier. $130/ month before equipment fees is too damn high. At least I still have the AAA discount for another 10 months plus 2nd year discount of $10 off to help subside the increase.

Nice, I've had AAA for 20 years now and have never been able to get a D* discount with it.

According to the D* website, the package I have is "Choice Extra Classic", but thats not listed in the new stuff, where does my bill go up to ?

It happens every year ... you know to expect it in Feb/Mar for D* ...

The local Cable company changes pricing 2-3 times a year, I have subs that tell me they never know what thier bill will be month to month.

I'm not saying it's OK, but all companies do the same thing.

Fwiw, I get approx the same number of channels I got when I started ... when I started, my package was $40 p/m

Pricing for programming is like gasoline for me. I need it, there isnt much I can do about it, so I don't much look at the price anymore.

It's unfortunate that it's that way, but I know what your saying ...

My American Express must like me ...

Yepp, I use my CC a lot now because of the points for stuff. If it wasnt for sports I could probably drop, but I need my sports channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)